$7 Fridge and Other Atomic Shop Atrocities

Richwizard

Carbon Dated and Proud
Orderite
$7 for an in-game fridge!? OK, now it makes perfect sense.

r2vmxmw.jpg

Last edited:
Hahaha! Also, I don't understand the pricing either. That has been a big gripe of mine. I did buy their Atom Sale package though as I thought that wasn't crazy. It was like 1500+free items for 8 bucks or something. I bought the scavenge robot for 500 atoms. Some of the pricing makes no sense, I've seen power armour skins that are 2000 atoms ($20 US - even more Canadian).

I don't even have FO76. But what I'm reading about the Atomic Shop is nuts! I put that pic together after the direction Leea's blog took on Nukapedia this past week.

In the FO4 Creation Club, $7 will get you X-02 Power Armor with a quest that tells a good story. In FO76 Atomic Shop, you get a fridge.

For all the griping about the atom shop I'll say people do blow it a little bit out of proportion, you get a lot of free atoms just playing the game (I'd racked up 2000 or so) and a lot of items in the shop aren't crazy expensive (100-300 atoms). I want everything cheaper obviously because I'm a miser but I understand that they also need to pull in revenue. The difference between Fallout 4 and 76 is probably operating costs because Fallout 4 doesn't require servers or an entire studio dedicated just to fixing bugs and creating content. Plus all the DLC they release (Nuclear Winter, Wastelanders) is free.

The gripes about the game being p2w are pretty wild too. The fridge and scavenger robot are pretty much cosmetic as neither of the benefits they provide are even useful. I own the bot and never loot the scavenged materials. If you play the game at all you're pretty much throwing junk away because it's everywhere.

The holiday emotes were pretty out there though, even with the free atoms the game provides.

The holiday emotes were pretty out there though, even with the free atoms the game provides.

I vaguely remember the Christmas ones. The pricing on everything Christmas related was absolutely shit. I can't recall if other holiday bundles were better. They've improved overall though, release Atom Shop prices were bonkers.

Back