A point against the House ending.

NY24601

First time out of the vault
Many argue that House is the best choice and I believed that for awhile but then then I made a realization. If the NCR and Legion send multiple assassins after you for murdering a few people how would these same governments react to Caesar on the cross or the NCR losing control and influence over the Mojave? I believe they’d send assassins to the strip, not for any political advantage just for revenge for what House had done.

That's only possible if they could crack open the Lucky 38's defenses. After 4 years of stalemate before the Courier gets shot in the head at Goodsprings, do you think they haven't tried it at all? Note that the Legion has no problem infiltrating the Strip, as per Vulpes or whichever Frumentarii replaced him if he's killed in Nipton. Do you think they haven't tried?

The Courier only enters the Lucky 38 because House allows it.

The Lucky 38 is securely protected by a security wall/gate (that House only opened for the Courier) that has no way of being opened from outside, then there's the actual entrance, then there's the elevator that could only be activated by Victor (which makes me assume House has full control over it), then there's a secret room that's protected by a hard terminal, then there's yet another elevator that is controlled by another terminal, and only then we reach the chamber where Mr House is.

An assassin wouldn't stand much of a chance to be able to go through all of these, let alone having to survive all the upgraded Securitrons that will be guarding the Strip and the Lucky 38.

Not even an air strike would work, since the Lucky 38 has AA Laser Turrets (that can even shoot down Nuclear Missiles).

That's only possible if they could crack open the Lucky 38's defenses. After 4 years of stalemate before the Courier gets shot in the head at Goodsprings, do you think they haven't tried it at all? Note that the Legion has no problem infiltrating the Strip, as per Vulpes or whichever Frumentarii replaced him if he's killed in Nipton. Do you think they haven't tried?
Well House never mentions it, and neither does the NCR or Legion.

The Courier only enters the Lucky 38 because House allows it.

The Lucky 38 is securely protected by a security wall/gate (that House only opened for the Courier) that has no way of being opened from outside, then there's the actual entrance, then there's the elevator that could only be activated by Victor (which makes me assume House has full control over it), then there's a secret room that's protected by a hard terminal, then there's yet another elevator that is controlled by another terminal, and only then we reach the chamber where Mr House is.

An assassin wouldn't stand much of a chance to be able to go through all of these, let alone having to survive all the upgraded Securitrons that will be guarding the Strip and the Lucky 38.

Not even an air strike would work, since the Lucky 38 has AA Laser Turrets (that can even shoot down Nuclear Missiles).
I feel like if The Courier can do it by himself then a three man party would. And if you kill Victor you can use the elevator yourself.

Well House never mentions it, and neither does the NCR or Legion.
House mentioned that the Followers once made an attempt to break through his network security. And why does the NCR or the Legion should ever mention it to the Courier? Besides, ultimately, these things would only be gained if The Courier actually asks them about it.

I feel like if The Courier can do it by himself then a three man party would. And if you kill Victor you can use the elevator yourself.
Again, only assuming if said three man party could even enter the lobby of the Lucky 38. The Courier was able to enter because House invited him/her, and that only happened after having the background check AND Victor following the Courier as he/she traverse the Mojave Wasteland.

On top of everything else everyone's said here I always assumed the assassins were a way to try and sabotage you in the struggle for control over the Mojave more than anything else. Once House has full control there's not really any point, plus the NCR and Legion militaries are gonna have to stand down or move somewhere else eventually.

If both factions were unable to assasinate House without the Courier having earned his trust, at. time when they have high levels of intelligence and power in the region, I don't see why they would be able to after when they run away with their tail between their legs and lose all of their operational infrastructure.

In the case of the Legion, it would probably be impossible - a defeat of the Legion at the Dam may well result in the collapse of the Legion.

The NCR/Legion only have you assassinate House because he lets you inside, the only living person besides Benny known to have ever been in there after the War. It really is more or less impenetrable by design: there's only one way in, one way out, and House has surveillance of the whole building 24/7 without needing to rest, eat, etc., as do his guards. After House's victory and total control of the region, it'd be even harder for anyone to get in. They'd probably try, but I think after two defeats and loads of resources spent on the Mojave, NCR and the Legion probably wouldn't care about Vegas anymore, not for a long time at least.

Back