A Tale of Two Wastelands Multiplayer Functional

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
T

TorontoReign

According to this Youtuber TTW is playable online with up to twenty friends.

It almost makes me want to buy Fallout 3...almost.

@Risewild any comments?

We do not endorse or support projects that break Zenimax/Bethesda terms by monetizing TTW and/or other Fallout games.

By what I was told, to use that "mod" you have to pay quite a high monthly fee (I was told $40 a month).
They spin it like it's to pay for private servers, but it totally breaks Zenimax/Bethesda terms, those forbid people from being allowed to monetize or get money using Zenimax/Bethesda games (without official permission).

Last edited:
We do not endorse or support projects that break Zenimax/Bethesda terms by monetizing TTW and/or other Fallout games.

By what I was told, to use that "mod" you have to pay quite a high monthly fee (I was told $40 a month).
They spin it like it's to pay for private servers, but it totally breaks Zenimax/Bethesda terms, those forbid people from being allowed to monetize or get money using Zewnimax/Bethesda games (without official permission).
Wow. That is absurd.

I think someone needs to tattle so it gets taken down just to cause chaos.

Well, actually TTW is a nice mod, sure FO3 may lack some original essence of the original Fallouts (to say the least), but atmosphere wise I prefer it to NV, of course, the writing is ... well, everybody knows, but I played TTW like 3 times and it's nice, I wouldn't want to pay for server fees though, but with a friend and some tweaks this mod is great (my opinion). By the way, not sure if it's the best place to ask, but did you try Fallout Dust and Frost ? And if so, what did you think of those mods ?

Fallout Dust would be a good mode to put in the base game of whatever shitty Bethesda Fallout they make next. Maybe add some roguelike elements to it. Probably a DLC of some kind.

Couldn't agree more, I personally think that what makes Fallout great is the atmosphere, good writing, and good quests. Lose the FPS and SIM Settlement element (sure combat are more "fluid", but Fallout should never be an FPS there's enough game that does that way better Bethesda could ever do, and regain cRPG that we so fall in love in the first place. Sadly Bethesda have an "identity" problem in a matter of speaking they try to appeal to a majority of player, and it's not only Beth that have this identity crisis but Fallout is supposed to be a "bleak/grim" atmosphere, what you would expect from a world after total atomic annihilation, not a pardon my french a clusterfu.. mess like F4 & 76. Anyway, this was my two cents, feel better to write this down, but it's sad to see a franchise that I love falling apart due to the lack of creativity, intelligence, and greed. At least we have a fantastic Modding Community that doesn't stop to amaze me with great releases, I myself did a bit of modding so I know all the dedication, time, and patience it requires to accomplish such results.

Couldn't agree more, I personally think that what makes Fallout great is the atmosphere, good writing, and good quests. Lose the FPS and SIM Settlement element (sure combat are more "fluid", but Fallout should never be an FPS there's enough game that does that way better Bethesda could ever do, and regain cRPG that we so fall in love in the first place. Sadly Bethesda have an "identity" problem in a matter of speaking they try to appeal to a majority of player, and it's not only Beth that have this identity crisis but Fallout is supposed to be a "bleak/grim" atmosphere, what you would expect from a world after total atomic annihilation, not a pardon my french a clusterfu.. mess like F4 & 76. Anyway, this was my two cents, feel better to write this down, but it's sad to see a franchise that I love falling apart due to the lack of creativity, intelligence, and greed. At least we have a fantastic Modding Community that doesn't stop to amaze me with great releases, I myself did a bit of modding so I know all the dedication, time, and patience it requires to accomplish such results.
https://nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-22-lets-play-all-fallout-games-in-2022.220923/#post-4458175
Stick around.

I forgot to mention before, but there's a huge problem with NV:MP.

It's not open source. We can't and will not support any project that allows to connect user machines to a network over the internet without knowing it's source code.

We have an obligation to keep our users safe, and close sourced software can hide all kinds of malware and who knows what else.

Last edited:

They spin it like it's to pay for private servers, but it totally breaks Zenimax/Bethesda terms, those forbid people from being allowed to monetize or get money using Zenimax/Bethesda games (without official permission).
This is even worse than Fallout 1st's fee!

Sooner or later, things like this always get shut down by Bethesda once they find out about it.

It's inevitable that one day Bethesda will catch wind of it and act to shut it down.

If there's one thing Bethesda likes to do is keep tabs on large and popular mods for their games.

It's a pity because if this project was open source (like pretty much most large modding projects for Bethesda games) and if it wasn't paywalled, it would be a pretty cool project and I can see players loving it. But due to those reasons, I can see it being shut down in the future, once it gets more popular or someone gets banned from their servers and report them to Bethesda as revenge or something like that.

Sooner or later, things like this always get shut down by Bethesda once they find out about it.

It's inevitable that one day Bethesda will catch wind of it and act to shut it down.

If there's one thing Bethesda likes to do is keep tabs on large and popular mods for their games.

It's a pity because if this project was open source (like pretty much most large modding projects for Bethesda games) and if it wasn't paywalled, it would be a pretty cool project and I can see players loving it. But due to those reasons, I can see it being shut down in the future, once it gets more popular or someone gets banned from their servers and report them to Bethesda as revenge or something like that.
It's sad because Bethesda games without mods are 1 - Way too buggy (and they don't bother to properly solve/fix most issues/bugs) 2 - Simply not up to date/optimized compared to recent games of the same year and years before their releases (graphically and gameplay-wise) 3 - Poorly optimized (cells, precombined just play FO4 in Downtown Boston without any mods is a mess, but they sold over 13.5 million unit/copies, they make a sh..load of cash, but still it's the community that patches their games) 4. Who would play any unmodded "Bethesda" games for over 10 years ... but of course, they'll try to shut down that project and they even try to sell through microtransactions Power Armor for 15$, come on I've bought The Witcher 3 will all DLC's for 18$ you bunch of crooks, I can't wish for good things for Beth, the only good news it's now it's owned by Microsoft who also owns Obsidian, but don't fool yourself ... good things always come to an end and that end came a long time ago. I don't remember the name of the video I saw some times ago, but the downfall of the Fallout franchise start before Bethesda came into the picture, some might not agree with me, at least their nice addition to the collection like Resurrection, Nevada, Fixt and FO2 RP. So if you never tried those games, give them a shot, you might get pleasingly surprised about the quality of those games. It's like when I mentioned Dust for FNV, I did enjoy New Vegas, but the Mojave desert can be pretty empty sometimes without mods, and for me, Dust was a nice breath of fresh air, I like to uncover lore and "objectives" through notes left behind it let place to the imagination.

Last edited:
40$ sounds absurdly too much. Not even WoW subscription or fuckyou 1st costs this much. 10$ sounds more reasonable for the quality it offers.

Back