Adding Legacy Perk in FO2

VaultBreh

First time out of the vault
hello fellow vaulties, i really love the perk Flower Child in FO1 and really disappointed it doesnt available in the second game. When i tried added it with F2Explorer it only appear on the perk list but it has no effect. Any modder that can make it for me? I know i can add custom perk with sfall but i really, like really have no experience with modding. My best modding attempt was copy and pasted files to the mod directory.

The check for Flower Child perk is still in the engine, not sure what you mean by "no effect".
eh, like i mentioned above, i added the perk to my chosen with save editor, then tried it in-game. Perk description said less chance to get addicted (50% less), certainly not working since i still get drug addiction debuff too often (compared with using Drug Resistant trait) and the withdrawal time still the same like w/o the perk. So, no effect yes?

I tested the withdrawal time with buffout in my game (added with F12se), without the perk it takes 7 days, and with the perk it's 3.5 days.
FO2 only changes the level requirement of the perk to 310 so it's impossible to pick it in the game, and all related checks/handling are still in the engine.
If the source code from reversed engineering isn't enough for the proof, I don't know if the mod you requested from others would make any difference.

I tested the withdrawal time with buffout in my game (added with F12se), without the perk it takes 7 days, and with the perk it's 3.5 days.
FO2 only changes the level requirement of the perk to 310 so it's impossible to pick it in the game, and all related checks/handling are still in the engine.
If the source code from reversed engineering isn't enough for the proof, I don't know if the mod you requested from others would make any difference.
huh, then why when i tested the perk it feels like not having an effect? i mean the addicted chance and withdrawal time seems same. I also use RPU, EcCO and FO2Tweak, could it be one of them responsible?

Update: well i tried added Flower Child again just now, it still gave me 24 hour withdrawal time after using Jet. Why it isnt 12 if the perk working?

Last edited:
Update: well i tried added Flower Child again just now, it still gave me 24 hour withdrawal time after using Jet. Why it isnt 12 if the perk working?
24 hours? Jet addiction doesn't go away without an antidote. Perhaps you mean the duration of the stat reduction?I n Fallout 1 and Fallout 2, only the 'Chem Resistant' trait affects this.
Flower Child reduces the duration and chance of addiction by 50%, from 7 to 3.5 days (except for Jet), but not the duration of the chem itself.

24 hours? Jet addiction doesn't go away without an antidote. Perhaps you mean the duration of the stat reduction?I n Fallout 1 and Fallout 2, only the 'Chem Resistant' trait affects this.
Flower Child reduces the duration and chance of addiction by 50%, from 7 to 3.5 days (except for Jet), but not the duration of the chem itself.
ah yep, the stat reduction. I just realized when you said it. Soo, am i wrong from the start? Flower Child doesnt reduce the stat reduction duration from chems but instead reducing the recovering period when i got addicted?

Flower Child doesnt reduce the stat reduction duration from chems but instead reducing the recovering period when i got addicted?
Yes, you got it right :)
And the Flower Child perk in Fallout 1 does the same thing, I checked.

Yes, you got it right :)
And the Flower Child perk in Fallout 1 does the same thing, I checked.
oh dammit, but i still dont know why the perk isnt working when i added it with save editor. I tried having Drug Resist and Flower Child at the same time and still got addicted. Are their addiction reducing chance not accumulated? like, only one taking effect?

I tried having Drug Resist and Flower Child at the same time and still got addicted. Are their addiction reducing chance not accumulated? like, only one taking effect?
The effects combine, but not in the sense that -50% + (-50%) = -100%, but rather the chance of addiction is halved twice, rounding down each time. For Jet, the chance of addiction will be 50% / 2 / 2 = 12%, but not 0%.

If you like playing with chems, you can check out my mod, which changes Chem Resistant and Chem Reliant in a pretty interesting way.

i'm actually already playing with your mod, i asked about FWR compatibility. But i didnt know theres a new version with trait modifying, i'm still playing with 1.98.4. Gonna download and try a run with unarmed junkie build.

Back