Adding new armor with FT Improver

Sergeek

First time out of the vault
I'm sorry to bother you with this beaten-to-death problem, but I want to add T51b Power Armor as a new set and character sprite doesn't work. I've read FT Improver readme, tried to find some tutorials in your FAQ, read couple of threads, but I still can't fix it.

Fallout Tactics\Improver_data\ArmourTypes.txt - added {PowerT51b;Pow;0;0;0} right after {Sarge;Pow;0;0;0} and before the closing }

Fallout Tactics\core\entities\items\Armor - placed bosPower.ent from .bos archive and renamed it PowerT51b.ent

Fallout Tactics\core\sprites\armour - placed properly named pickup sprite "PowerT51b Armour.spr"

Fallout Tactics\core\sprites\characters - placed properly named character sprite "PowerT51b.spr"

With FT Improver opened PowerT51b.ent in Entity Editor and changed its Display Name to PowerT51b, also selected the pickup sprite in Image's Sprite field

Then I put PowerT51b.ent into the inventory of the first prefab character, he indeed starts with it, pickup sprite is there, but character sprite is still Midwest Armor.

Tried to tweak ArmourTypes.txt entry {PowerT51b;Pow;0;sprites/characters/PowerT51b.spr;0} - didn't help

Hi there,
In my mod, all the unique armor sprites I use are written using this last method you tried : "{SpecialPower;Pow;0;sprites/characters/Sarge.spr;0}"
Because you indicate 0 for sex and race, and specify a .spr file in the before last parameter, it should work. The rest are not relevant : "Pow" for sound, "SpecialPower" only for selection in the item parameters in Entity editor. If you have a problem, it should be with the path you used, or the entity that is not loaded properly. You checked the CAPS in the file or folder names?

Hi there,
In my mod, all the unique armor sprites I use are written using this last method you tried : "{SpecialPower;Pow;0;sprites/characters/Sarge.spr;0}"
Because you indicate 0 for sex and race, and specify a .spr file in the before last parameter, it should work. The rest are not relevant : "Pow" for sound, "SpecialPower" only for selection in the item parameters in Entity editor. If you have a problem, it should be with the path you used, or the entity that is not loaded properly. You checked the CAPS in the file or folder names?
Yes! I actually used your older post as a guideline. I found the problem - I had to change the armor type while editing the entity file (not a single thread mentioned that, probably everyone thinks its obvious).

I'll soon create some tutorials about modding The Sum (and more or less Tactics in a general sense), I'll keep that in mind :) Happy you found you bug.

Yes! I actually used your older post as a guideline. I found the problem - I had to change the armor type while editing the entity file (not a single thread mentioned that, probably everyone thinks its obvious).
Would you like to share your work with us?

Back