Am I the only one who sees serious space for new Power Armor?

NotAcasul

meanie
C'mon, it goes from T-45, to T-51, to maybeee T-60, to X-01, X-02, and then Hellfire.

There's no 1-44, 46-50, 52-59, or any letter from T to Z.

Seriously, I would love to see the prototype power armors pop up again Fallout 5. It'd be neat to see how West Tek went through creating the weapons of mass destruction's we all know and love.

Maybe not physical working copies of them all. But some lore on them would definitely be cool. I totally half-agree.

It's a matter of flavor and realism.
As you indicate, these would all be prototypes, some of them may not even represent full suits.

So... would you then like a realistic interpretation, where you finally come across a "T-06" that is an empty skeleton, or a "recon armor"-like thing, which would be rather anticlimactic - or an unrealistic interpretation, where an early prototype somehow has staggeringly awesome stats, and truly worthy of being a secret/reward type item?

Making power armors a collectible, to me personally, makes them less imposing. In danger of sounding like an old fart, I really prefer when power armors were rare, extremely valuable, and not something to collect like a hobby

Making power armors a collectible, to me personally, makes them less imposing. In danger of sounding like an old fart, I really prefer when power armors were rare, extremely valuable, and not something to collect like a hobby

its very difficult since murican itself were mass produced it, and got wide deployment especially in urban area. unless your fallout setting were mostly composed of rural/wilderness area

its very difficult since murican itself were mass produced it, and got wide deployment especially in urban area. unless your fallout setting were mostly composed of rural/wilderness area
wat? Pretty sure the Power Suits were only in real production when the shit hit the fan, basically coming in 'too late'. Yes, it was distributed in some regions, but it wasn't really placed a fuckton in America, until that is Fallout 4 reared its head and stated every soldier joe had a T-60 in Murica. Funny enough, before Fallout 4, I think the best spots you would fine working, functional Power Armor is not in America, but in Canada, really, where most of the rioting has occurred.

C'mon, it goes from T-45, to T-51, to maybeee T-60, to X-01, X-02, and then Hellfire.

There's no 1-44, 46-50, 52-59, or any letter from T to Z.

Seriously, I would love to see the prototype power armors pop up again Fallout 5. It'd be neat to see how West Tek went through creating the weapons of mass destruction's we all know and love.

Well, I can understand why it would start with the number 45, it means that the 44 previous "models" were failures and didn't work. The Fallout Bible says that it took two years of focused Power Armor research to reach the T-45 model, which was the first functional combat ready one. EDIT: I also forgot to mention that after that it took the USA almost ten years to reach the T-51 model which is the one we find in Fallout 1.
Fallout Bible by Chris Avellone compiled by GOG.com said:
    • August Increasing need for mobility in the United States mechanized cavalry leads the military to focus the efforts on creating a man-based tank -essentially , a two-legged walking armored unit: Power Armor.
  • 2065-2067
    • Power Armor research grows and several prototypes are developed, many of which prove to be unworkable in the field. These prototypes pave the way for future advances in military, construction, and fusion technology .
  • 2066 (Interesting note. Not really related about Power Armor models)
    • Summer Adding further insult to the Chinese-American relations, the first crude fusion cell is unveiled, one of the results of the Power Armor project. Devices designed for the fusion cell begin to be manufactured. Incorporating fusion power into the general US infrastructure begins, but the process is too slow to supply power to the regions that need it. Nearly eleven years later, few sections of the United States were supplied with fusion power .
EDIT:
2076-June
  • Power Armor prototype completed, resulting in the Power Armor players find in Fallout 1. This is the pinnacle of Power Armor technology before the Great War . Many of these units are sent to China, and they begin to carve a swath through the Chinese forces. The Chinese resources are strained to the breaking point, and the supply lines from the nations China has annexed begin to break down.
So I assume that the other missing numbers are also failures.
    • Enclave works on various new technologies, including Power Armor variations. None of these are much of an improvement over the conventional old school Power Armor , and some are actually worse.
    • Under Presidential Order , Enclave scientists begin to work on an upgraded version of Power Armor . Many prototypes are developed and tested.
    • October Enclave scientists develop a reliable version of the Mark II Power Armor . The prototype results (and accidents... and explosions... and deaths) are classified by order of the President Richardson for the sake of morale.

wat? Pretty sure the Power Suits were only in real production when the shit hit the fan, basically coming in 'too late'. Yes, it was distributed in some regions, but it wasn't really placed a fuckton in America, until that is Fallout 4 reared its head and stated every soldier joe had a T-60 in Murica. Funny enough, before Fallout 4, I think the best spots you would fine working, functional Power Armor is not in America, but in Canada, really, where most of the rioting has occurred.
I also think that there would be quite a number in China, since they were deployed there to try and conquer China.
    • Contrary to their claims of seeking only to retake Alaska from the Reds, American Power Armor units, infantry , and mechanized divisions are deployed to China, but they become bogged down on the mainland, putting a further drain on American resources and supply lines.
  • 2076-June
    • Power Armor prototype completed, resulting in the Power Armor players find in Fallout 1. This is the pinnacle of Power Armor technology before the Great War . Many of these units are sent to China, and they begin to carve a swath through the Chinese forces. The Chinese resources are strained to the breaking point, and the supply lines from the nations China has annexed begin to break down.

Last edited:
I think you are reading too much into the model number. Model numbers are not always assigned in sequence. For an example, take the M-16 rifle, and its derivative, the M-231 port-firing weapon.

I think you are reading too much into the model number. Model numbers are not always assigned in sequence. For an example, take the M-16 rifle, and its derivative, the M-231 port-firing weapon.

I'm pretty sure it is, since the T-51 is more advanced than the T-45. It would be weird to not have a pattern of numbering.

Well, I can understand why it would start with the number 45, it means that the 44 previous "models" were failures and didn't work. The Fallout Bible says that it took two years of focused Power Armor research to reach the T-45 model, which was the first functional combat ready one. EDIT: I also forgot to mention that after that it took the USA almost ten years to reach the T-51 model which is the one we find in Fallout 1.

I'm not saying the player could actually use the power armor, I was thinking that the player could maybe find the remains of it somewhere and loot it to get some rare piece of tech. Or maybe the player could encounter a suicidal power armor unit?

If the player has wild wasteland, they could try to enter one of the Enclaves fault power armor, and they'd die instantly. That would be funny.

And I was thinking that the models before 45 were just not meeting to the governments standards. I think that if we show how demanding the pre-war government is, new players will see that the U.S.A is not what it's cracked up to be. :grin:

The Fallout Bible says that it took two years of focused Power Armor research to reach the T-45 model, which was the first functional combat ready one.

Well, what exactly is the research? Is it done by creating a slew of prototypes? Is it researching warfare and the requirements thereof? There's tons to clear up there.

I think it's like Formula 409 or WD40, where it took that many tries to get it working right. And tbo I'm not sure I want to know about the models that didn't work right (see Iron Man 3). Or it could be like Heinz 57 Sauce where the number was chosen because the inventor thought "57" had a nice ring to it.

I do agree that there should be more power armor, yet those filled in numbers or letters can be for prototypes. For example A-34 power armor, it be nice if in the next game there was a West Tec facility that had information for the perspective of the creators of power armor.

I want the Athena power armor that was cut from 2, myself. If I'm remembering correctly, it was supposed to be an Enclave prototype armor that the Chosen One would find pieces of, as well as schematics to build it. There was another one too, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was called...

Anyway, that's more a less the only power armor I'd like to see. If they started adding more--even failed prototypes--it would only break the lore further, something Bethesda already did by introducing the T-60 model.

My main concern with power armor is that Bethesda made it so abundant in Fallout 4 that even random Raiders very often have it.

It used to be something important that you didn't just find lying around at the very beginning of the game.

My main concern with power armor is that Bethesda made it so abundant in Fallout 4 that even random Raiders very often have it.

It used to be something important that you didn't just find lying around at the very beginning of the game.

While it is a bit to common (maybe 6 sets would have been enough, with parts being all over the place) it was interesting to see how raiders would use it. I am a bit disappointed that after 200 years raiders haven't found more practicle ways to make there armor better, but it was interesting.

Although I did like how before the DLC, X-01 took time, and was hard to get.

It was so fucking easy for bethesda to come up with reasonable explanations for new power armour. A unified and more powerful East Coast BOS could have come up with new designs after salvaging Enclave tech, the Institute could have been experimenting with it (I don't really see why they would but then again I don't see why they'd be fucking around with FEV either), there could have been more raider variants, just fucking something. But no, we got magic T-60 and West Coast Enclave armour out of nowhere and someone raider power armour that all looks nice and uniform across all sets.

Other than the T-45D, T-51b, Enclave Power Armor (x-01), and prototype ATHENA Power Armor I don't think there should be any other Power Armor types in the Fallout universe.
Designing the Pre War power armors already took more resources and specialized personnel than exists in the Fallout universe today, and while I could imagine that the BOS used recovered Enclave power armor to improve their existing suits they don't have the specialized manufacturing facilities the pre war government/corporations and the Enclave had.

Introducing more varieties just cheapens the concept more, power armor was suppose to be something exotic and rare.

Introducing more varieties just cheapens the concept more, power armor was suppose to be something exotic and rare.
In Fallout, the BOS hadn't made any power armor; they couldn't... But they did manage maintenance and upkeep on they PA suits that they had acquired/looted. The Enclave in Fallout 2 had the capability to make PA suits and virtibirds; and by then the BOS was but a shell of their past presence. The PA suits should have become a lost art; veritable ancient artifacts of a nearly occult science... practically magic by the standards of the later days in the post apocalypse. And very rare [high value] items; if not beyond price.

It was so fucking easy for bethesda to come up with reasonable explanations for new power armour. A unified and more powerful East Coast BOS could have come up with new designs after salvaging Enclave tech, the Institute could have been experimenting with it (I don't really see why they would but then again I don't see why they'd be fucking around with FEV either), there could have been more raider variants, just fucking something. But no, we got magic T-60 and West Coast Enclave armour out of nowhere and someone raider power armour that all looks nice and uniform across all sets.
This soooooo much. Hell, I'm pretty sure Danse states that the BoS has the capability to manufacture more T-60s. If that's the case, then they should have just made the T-60 a tricked-out, post-war T-45D rather than shoehorning it in as a pre-war model.

From a design standpoint, it makes no sense for the T-60 to look the way it does. Why would they regress back to the bulky design of the T-45D? Why not improve upon the T-51b's design? Imo it should have looked something like this:

CcmJ6uAUsAIO_UG.jpg:large

That looks very neat, but a bit too Aliens/W40k/Scifi channel'esque IMO; not bad though. They do deliver well on the art-design... usually.

*But not in the case of Mr.Handy

Why would they regress back to the bulky design of the T-45D?
Because bethes- I mean the Brotherhood understand the importance of brand recognition. How would all the Fallout 3 fans- err people off the wastes recognize the Brotherhood of Steel if they didn't make their armour look exactly the same even if the lore states it's an inferior design.

Back