Are you enjoying WL2?

I like it so far! :)

It's still got some rough edges though; and some of the voicework is cringe-worthy, while others are spot on.
Voice work in WL2 is a mixed bag done on a budget... No serious complaints though.

I just got into Highpool and defeated the Jackhammer girl but I stopped there, I need to give attention to my other games or they will become jealous.

I don't know if it is the difficulty setting I am playing at or that there have been some changes in placement of locations and loot but I am not enjoying the game as much anymore as I did a few sessions ago with the Beta version
It was far easier to go through it but still challenging enough to be fun.
Now I am not enjoying it at all anymore.

Also rather sick of having to go through Arizona again.

So far... this is my one major peeve with WL2; (and apparently this is due to forumites complaining about equal use for all skills).

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe the Ag Center doors and containers were fitted with explosives to, ehem, "actively deter" thieves, junkies, and rampant fauna that would go off unless an authorized RFID tag was present? (It's a stretch, but it seems in line with Wasteland's general tech level, and if I'm willing to engage in headcanons and apologism for Fallout 3 I'll sure as hell do it for a game as good as this.)

Maybe the Ag Center doors and containers were fitted with explosives to, ehem, "actively deter" thieves, junkies, and rampant fauna that would go off unless an authorized RFID tag was present? (It's a stretch, but it seems in line with Wasteland's general tech level, and if I'm willing to engage in headcanons and apologism for Fallout 3 I'll sure as hell do it for a game as good as this.)

What's curious is that the director, Kathy Lawson, tells the Rangers that the folks at the AG center are one big happy family, and never says a word about lethal explosives planted all over the interior. They are under attack, but it started a just few hours before; nobody ran all over the complex planting defensive bombs.

*The one stretch that I can accept ~if I really try, and give way too much slack & forgiveness... is that the saboteur [mentioned, but not encountered yet] managed to set bombs all over the place without getting seen by all of those many security cameras they brag about. :irked:

Because they didn't expect rangers to enter their private chamber.:razz:

I don't know if it is the difficulty setting I am playing at or that there have been some changes in placement of locations and loot but I am not enjoying the game as much anymore as I did a few sessions ago with the Beta version
It was far easier to go through it but still challenging enough to be fun.
Now I am not enjoying it at all anymore.

Also rather sick of having to go through Arizona again.
The game became harder at release version.
I'm little bit agree with you because harder combat doesn't mean good game.
I really hate slice dicer. they are OP at release version;

Rooky difficulty of release version is hard as seasoned difficulty of beta.
well.. I'm currently playing in Ranger difficulty but 4 slice dicers were really hard as hell..

Last edited:
So far... this is my one major peeve with WL2; (and apparently this is due to forumites complaining about equal use for all skills).

I also find this annoying.
A trap should matter, it should be harmful enough to make it hurt. Really hurt. But the traps in the game are just spread out all over the place and only do a small amount of damage and it just feels poorly designed. I'd rather have fewer traps but more dangerous traps placed in locations that makes sense rather than have tons of lesser traps just so that Demolitions will have a constant use. Same goes for other things like safes and even locks and alarms to an extent.

There are some alarms that never did anything or which you couldn't get to unless you had gone through the enemies in the first place which makes them redundant.

There shouldn't be this many safes littering the wastes, they should be fewer but hold more valuable loot. Wasn't that the point of it versus locked crates/chests?

As to locks; If I kill some raiders and I go to their loot corner why is only 1 chest out of 3 locked? And if it is locked, wouldn't it make more sense for it to contain something more useful than the other chests to warrant the raiders placing a lock on it in the first place? Most of the time the locked chests don't have anything more useful or valuable than a chest without a lock does.

It feels as if they wanted to make sure that skills are used as often as possible to the point that it trivializes their usage and the rewards from putting points into the skills and it doesn't feel "natural".

Even so, I am enjoying the game greatly but when the modding tools are released I'm going to get mods to fix some of these issues. :grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm little bit disappointed..
however I try, there is no way to save villagers in Happy valley. I sacrificed a ranger to detonate a mine so I can pass through gaps between mines.
and I kill Danforth before I install repeater unit which I suspect that installing it will trigger villager to die. but that doesn't prevent villagers to be killed. in fact, killing Danforth will trigger villagers to die and hitting squard to generated...

I really hate when game forces me to follow storyline..
oh well.. it doesn't make me to hate WL2 though.
it's lovely game.

I'm little bit disappointed..
however I try, there is no way to save villagers in Happy valley. I sacrificed a ranger to detonate a mine so I can pass through gaps between mines.
and I kill Danforth before I install repeater unit which I suspect that installing it will trigger villager to die. but that doesn't prevent villagers to be killed. in fact, killing Danforth will trigger villagers to die and hitting squard to generated...
I felt this way with the regulator quest in Fallout... they clearly did not want you saving Zimmerman; and when I managed to do just that ~once; the scripting failed, and the town went hostile.

I really hate when game forces me to follow storyline..
Ah... but that is something I'd never fault an RPG for; if anything, I tend to resent a lack of structured story in RPGs. :wink:

Enjoying it? Oh yes. There's plenty wrong with the game as well, mostly poor design choices - but Wasteland 2 has had such an impression on me I'm letting that slide.

It's...Candy.

Well how can I not? Is this a personal question? :confused:

It's a mixture of Fallout/Jagged Alliance/Silent Storm and might I add...Super Hero League of Hoboken?

Fin.

Last edited:
I sort of like it. There are things i absolutely hate about it, including; the art direction, the cheap writing at times, the way the game forces carious choices and plot twistes upon you that makes it feel linear, the interface, and last but not least THE FUCKING CRASHES.. ALL THE TIME :(

But hey, it's growing on me and I'm still playing it 5-6 hours in so there it's got to be pretty decent. After all, it's a RPG in a apocalyptic setting and that is two things i love..

I'm still waiting for InXile to send me my game. Hurry up dammit.

I payed sixty bucks for a boxed copy, then another twenty for the BETA (which I couldn't play because of massive amounts of lag which I'm sure was Steam's fault. Fuckin' Steam). But now they are saying I have to "choose a Tier 1 Reward" for the twenty dollar donation, which is a second digital copy of the game (which not only can I not download because my internet sucks, but I wouldn't if I could anyways because I'm waiting for my boxed copy to play. Call me old school but I like the feeling of popping in a disc and having a casing with physical manuals). This can't be right?

Does anybody want a Wasteland 2 key for Steam or GOG (like I said it's an extra one, so I don't need it) for free? If you do, PM me. Unless the mod's tell me something, it's first come first serve (and no I'm not giving it to anybody who just created an account on NMA to get the key. If I see you have less than at least fifty to a hundred posts or just signed up within the last week or so, you ain't getting shit. This is to prevent people from signing up just to get this from me. Don't even think about it, you spamming bastards. NMA members only).

To Admins and Mod's: If for some reason you don't like the idea of me giving away my extra copy of the game, let me know now before someone PM's me.

So here's what I ask:
1) Again, first come first serve
2) Don't sign up to the board just because of this. If anyone signs up to NMA just to get free shit, I'm reporting your ass to the Admins.
3) If you already have a copy, please don't ask me for it just for the fuck of it/sake of having a backup copy. I wanted to give this to someone who doesn't have a copy yet and/or can't afford to buy one.

Last edited:
Not finished it for now. Far from it.

But i don't consider fair trying to compare with Fallout. It feel an entire different animal.
For now, i am more inclined to compare it with Shadowrun Returns, Fallout Tactics, Jagged Alliance and especially Wasteland.

It is very combat oriented, with strong mission focused areas, dialogs that are mostly exposition, and a lot of scripted sequence.

Anyway, it IS heavy in C&C.

Going on the SPOILER territory, i found myself overwhemeld by the consequences of my bad choices.

I chose to help Highpool, and was constantly harassed by messages from Ag Center.
Then, there was a guy that wanted me to help him with his burning house.
I chose to fix the dam first. When i succeeded, the house was beyond repair.
Then, when i reached the Ag Center, i found out that not only the starvation will become an issue, but the mutants were stronger, stronger than i saw them when i chose Ag Center in the beta. I was under equiped, so i rushed the radio tower and hoped that i would pick up the vaccine a few level later.
Then, i receive a call saying that a new village just got contaminated by the mutation. If i want to save them, i need the vaccine NOW.
But if i go to that new village, it means that the wrecking crew is still alive in their strongold, free to attack highpool again.
I dunno if the next steps will be like that, but i am feeling pretty much involved and stressed so far, which is pretty welcomed.

And i feel rewarded knowing stuff from WL1 seeing of its plot come up quite often in my current playthrough.

Although i consider the graphics and the overall gameplay quite ugly compared to the games i mentioned earlier. (even compared with Wasteland 1, which was very basic but not ugly)

So far it's been great.

Where's that NMA pledge stuff? In a bar or something, iirc?

Thank you BigBoss! I just got home and started to download the game. So, to answer the question in the thread YES! I'm enjoying it already!!

Back