Attn: Sarcasm may be bad for your health

Montez

So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs
When it comes to BOS, sarcastic derision and sincere appreciation sound the same more often then not. Why? I won't speculate. But since this is the case, don't be surprised if your thread poking fun at the game ends up with you getting flamed due to people misunderstanding you. This board is made up of people from all over the world, so what seems glaringly obvious as sarcasm to you may not be so obvious to someone from a different culture or country, or even to someone with a slightly different sense of humor. By all means be sarcastic and humourous if you want to, just keep in mind that your joke might not go over so well if it isn't clear that it's a joke.

I'm only posting this so that new NMA'ers aren't scared off forever when their post backfires - I'm not going to step in when the flaming starts (and I doubt any other mod or admin will either) and I'm not going to vat or lock any threads unless they truly deserve it. So, don't say we didn't warn you.

A bit late in my situation, but appreciated nonetheless. I truly do wish what happened didn't happen the way it did. Shit happens and I think we all learn from experience.

they say that an image is worth a thousand words... here it goes

shutupnoob.jpg

no hard feelings just an add-on to Montez's post

Back