ATTN: Wasteland fans!

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

I loved nothing more than playing Wasteland on my Apple II, but not long ago it became yard sale fodder, and now I can not play it. Does anyone know of a place to get a decent emulated version and emulator, or what the best version of Wasteland was? I think it was on more platforms than just Apple, so maybe some kind (old) soul can help me with this. To all you young guns, Wasteland was the excellent old game which inspired Fallout 1 & 2.
Thanks in advance to my fellow Wasteland-ers,
Pip

wastelands originally came out in apple, and c-64 formats.

if you have an old c-64_and_ one of the 1541/1581 drives, you can convert it to an ibm compatable format, althougth it will take a few tries to get it right.

I _believe_ it came out later on as an IBM title, but i am not sure of that.

Be cool it if coudl be found, I'd really love to tangle with the ole scorpitron again :)

It's on the Interplay RPG classics CD. I don't know if you can find one but I see one in the used bin from time to time.

Check e-bay from time to time. Someone is usauly selling it for under 10 bucks. Personaly I would go with the Interplay 10th Aniversary collection cause then you can also get Bard's Tale and Dragon Wars too :>

IMHO wasteland's best version was on c-64 but i've satistfied myself with the pc version that came with interplay's 10th year anthology.
You can also get wasteland follow-up Fountain of dreams on the underdogs (however that game sucks)but it's worth half an hour of my time.

"i'm Ugly and you're not"

Back