Best Fallout OST?

Negativity

Take a dirt nap
Is music a massive part of Fallout? I don't know. Regardless I made a video about the OSTs.

So my thoughts on the original soundtracks. Firstly, I prefer Mark Morgan over Inon Zur. I think it's a simple matter of taste, but i prefer the memorable but more simple tracks on the early Fallout games. Inon Zur goes slightly overboard with the orchestral sound for me, still good though.

Overall, I'd say that Fallout 1 had the greatest original soundtrack. Firstly, it had more original songs that Fallout 2, and some of the most memorable tracks in the series. Vats of Goo is a Fallout masterpiece, and Metallic Monks is a close second. Fallout 2 came close though, with the New Reno music being some of the best ambience for describing the location you're in.

The video has a lot of my thoughts in it, including Mark morgans Plagiarism. What are your thoughts on the OSTs?

Not even a cover, not officially anyway.

Well, I did say at best. The work is technically plagiarism.
The anecdote says that Mark got a burned CD from devs with various unnamed tracks and was instructed to make music like that. Which he sort of did.

I guess it is not implausible, since I doubt Morgan was ignorant of Brian Eno or Aphex Twin, but he quite possibly could have missed out on some songs given that both had a solid opus by then.

On the other hand, the fact that he basically copied some songs without crediting original authors sucks and that's it. He is a prolific and talented composer and the rest of the work proves it, but that move is just in poor taste.

Well, I did say at best. The work is technically plagiarism.
The anecdote says that Mark got a burned CD from devs with various unnamed tracks and was instructed to make music like that. Which he sort of did.

I guess it is not implausible, since I doubt Morgan was ignorant of Brian Eno or Aphex Twin, but he quite possibly could have missed out on some songs given that both had a solid opus by then.

On the other hand, the fact that he basically copied some songs without crediting original authors sucks and that's it. He is a prolific and talented composer and the rest of the work proves it, but that move is just in poor taste.
Regardless of how it happened, I'm glad. I love the Fallout and Fallout 2 OST.

Maybe it's unpopular, but I loved Fallout 4''s OST the most. I've always been a sucker for compositions and orchestral pieces, and I feel Inon Zur has captured the feeling of instruments played post-nuclear apocalypse. He's got talent, and the Fallout theme is one of my most favorite songs, ever. Especially the Spinners' mix.

Edit: Additionally, the first few soundtracks struck me as more of an ambient noise type of ordeal. Not really music.

Back