Best mod manager for FNV?

Ugly Kid

Still Mildly Glowing
Title + specifically for using nexus and it's "manager install" option most mods have.

I've used:

Nexus Mod Manager, until New California said to use Vortex.

Vortex, until literally the moment I've made this post, because...

Mod Organizer 2, haven't used it but I'm watching a video and it has some nifty features. This video is what led me to the question...

What is the best overall mod manager for FNV to be used with Nexus?

Toront is right.
The best mod manager for FNV is without a doubt Mod Organizer 2.

It allows a bigger control over what mods you install, what overwrites what, etc.
It also keeps your game files "clean" by using virtual folders, this means that it will not install the mods in the game's directories. Which brings many benefits, but the biggest one is that you won't break your entire game if you have problems with some mods, since all you need to do is uninstall the mod without needing to fully uninstall and reinstall the game.

Although you might still need to restart a New Game, depending on what mods were removed (some mods will keep permanent stuff in the save files, and will break that playthrough). As a golden rule of NV modding, never install and/or uninstall mods in the middle of a playthrough, exception to this rule are mods that are simple retextures (if they don't need a .esp or .esm file). Or other mods that also don't require the use of plugins (.esp and .esm files).

Last edited:
Back