"Blade Runner" playthrough

CT Phipps

Carbon Dated and Proud
So, a lot of people say that this is based off a rip off of the immortal Ridley Scott movie. I was curious if it wasn't ENOUGH of a rip-off so I'm going to try to do a "Blade Runner" playthrough of the game where I attempt to do as much focus on the Synth issue as possible as well as make my character look as much like Harrison Ford as possible. If I were to play as a female Blade Runner, I'd go for a Sean Young look.

Some initial thoughts:

* My assumption is that "Deckard" Sole Survivor is a Courser Synth programmed to think he's from the Pre-War Era.

* You have to play a dark and moody protagonist who is morally ambiguous not a "good guy" in this version.

* Curie is probably the best choice for a romance option or Synth Sole Survivor (which is a Mod Synth of your wife). Danse is the best possibility if you're playing as a female or gay Deckard.

* Joining Nick Valentine's Detective Agency is an important bit of business.

* I should probably look for some mods to give me things like constant rain in the Commonwealth.

* The obvious choices are the Institute or Railroad for a game faction. The Brotherhood of Steel doesn't fit despite its focus on Synths.

* I think in this version of the game, to be absolutely cynical, you have to kill Paladin Danse and hate yourself for it, unless you're romancing him.

* Companions should be limited to Valentine, Piper, Cait, and others which fit the Noir mold. No Strong.

* Automatron is a must from the beginning. My headcanon is Codsworth is only sentient if you make him a Robobrain.

* Deckard Sole Survivor will side with the scavengers against the Robo-Pirates because, again, it's more morally ambiguous and also makes the ensuing slaughter all the more tragic.

* I don't think Deckard Sole Survivor will be reforming the Minutemen as that's too idealistic.

* The choice to slaughter Covenant or let them kill the Little GirlTM is now more important. It decides what kind of Blade Runner you are.

I think the game can be fixed but it definitely needs a lot of tweaking in this version. Suggested mods are a must here but also ways of playing the game and avoiding quests which detract from the Blade Runner feel.

I'd recommend going for the Crystal Steele look for the female SS, though.
latest

Dunno how you'd roleplay anything in this game, though... Besides using a mod to turn the player voice off and headcanoning the shit out of everything.

Dunno how you'd roleplay anything in this game, though... Besides using a mod to turn the player voice off and headcanoning the shit out of everything.

I regret now there wasn't a "Silence" option like in Telltale games.

But yes, I am determined to TRY to roleplay an actual campaign in this game.

I'm inclined to think I may make a b-line through the main plot so I can spend the majority of the plot already tied to the Institute.

Isn't blade runner a little more, like, cyberpunk-y than fallout? Like, the idea is great and i'm probably going to do a Blade Runner play through, but if anyone knows mods that might give fallout a more cyberpunk feel that would be useful

Isn't blade runner a little more, like, cyberpunk-y than fallout? Like, the idea is great and i'm probably going to do a Blade Runner play through, but if anyone knows mods that might give fallout a more cyberpunk feel that would be useful

Part of the reason why Automaton is actually a decent justified DLC is the fact it adds a shit ton of rampaging robots and an utterly soul-crushingly bleak origin for the Robobrains. The "new" origin for Robobrains doesn't work at all in regular Fallout, which is somewhat goofy but not "Robert House was a Nazi" but it works well as a horrifying secret for a cyberpunk Fallout universe.

There's a Reddit thread for cyberpunk-ing up Fallout 4 too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FalloutMod...iccyberpunk_mod_list/?st=jbhknfjg&sh=ca8a0c4e

Deckard's Coat: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11328/

M2019 PKD Detective Special: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10669/
Cyberpunk Billboards: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11574/ *Highly Recommended*

Rainy Commonwealth: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/267/

11574-0-1459559517.jpg

Apparently, I'm not the only person to come up with this idea:

Blade Runner Sanctuary:

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/5277...lout-4-amazing-settlement-creation/index.html

Blade Runner Easter Eggs:

* The Noodle Robot

* This scene on a rooftop.

Fallout-4-easter-egg.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, I think I've got the perfect Blade Runner playthrough path if you want to do the IMPOSSIBLE and ROLEPLAY A CHARACTER ARC:

* The Sole Survivor leaves Sanctuary

* The Sole Survivor meets Codsworth

* The Sole Survivor meets with the Sanctuary survivors

* The Sole Survivor DOES not revive the Minutemen but goes to Diamond City

* The Sole Survivor tracks down Piper and Nick.

* The Sole Survivor is weirded out by Nick but thinks he's nothing more than a program similar to Codsworth who is NOT-Sentient in this universe.

* The Sole Survivor kills Kellog

* The Sole Survivor will do the Automaton DLC, showing what horrible monsters A.I. can be. [Roleplay a distrust of sentient technology]

* The Sole Survivor gets to the Institute (not sure which group as they're all rather anti-Blade Runner feeling--probably the bare minimum of the Minutemen and Sanctuary missions) and joins.

* The Sole Survivor takes on a firmly anti-Synth stand after encountering the Raider Synth.

* The Sole Survivor goes to Far Harbor and eliminates DIMAH'S sanctuary with the Institute's help. Just the kind of atrocity to wear on the soul. [Roleplay the worry Shaun may have been lying to you about you actually being his parent]

* Meeting the BOS should happen around this time and doing Danse's part where they play on your Synth hatred.

* Sole Survivor kills Paladin Danse and realizes the BOS are a bunch of scumbags.

* The Last Voyage of the U.S.S Constitution should end with you destroying the droids only to find the humans betray you.

* The Covenant mission can expose the SS to how horrible people can be to Synths.

* Join Nick's Detective agency and become all the more Noir as you settle into the weirdness of the fact Nick may be sentient.

* [Mod Adventure] Get the Synth Spouse Companion as a "Present" from Shaun and roleplay being horribly fucked up by a reborn version of your wife/husband as a gift from him.

* Vault mission where you meet Curie and help her become a Synth--which exposes you to their humanity.

* The Sole Survivor can FINALLY discover the Railroad.

* Choose to either become Director of the Institute and make things better or aid the Railroad but destroy the Institute.

* Muse about the inhumanity of mankind and the humanity they can pass on to their machines.

* Decide for yourself if the Sole Survivor is a Synth or Human or even a human brainwashed int believing he was the Sole Survivor.

Romance Options: Paladin Danse because he's a Synth, Currie because she's a Synth, Piper or Cait you decide you're a Synth, or the Mod Synth Spouse for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
Back