Brian Fargo: Wasteland was very close to becoming a TV series

The_Proletarian

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
Staff member
Admin

Brian Fargo said:
Hi all, Brian Fargo here. Wasteland was very close to becoming a TV series. So close in fact that a 2 hour pilot was written. I really enjoyed this take on the franchise, and the dark humor of the writers. There was still a bit more work to do and a few things off canon but this shows how the sensibilities would have been.

I thought it'd be interesting to put the screenplay out there and get your feedback. Does it make you want to watch something like this? Were we off the mark and you're glad we didn't make it? Curious to hear your thoughts.

Heck yeah. Why not? If LotR can be whored to oblivion Wasteland should be fair game!

dontbelieve.png

I don't think getting a pilot screenplay written counts as very close.

Getting the pilot shot, maybe.

Effeminate voice : Where's the cowboys where's the cowboys. Barman : They're out of town hanging a queer. Other guy Macho voice " OK lets go get 'em.
Barman : You're 1 of them aren't you !?... Gaylord of course not.. I just swallowed a cock... a CORK I mean cork. Barman looks at the guys little finger. The finger is crooked like Gaylords smile. Barman shouts DRAW... gaylord says I left my crayons in my purse ,,,, SADDLEBAG I mean saddleback. Barman shoots BANG (critical hit) Gaylord falls dead as a doornail then after a few seconds ignites and glows like lit Magnesium ribbon. Barman huffs. These Invaders are every fucking where.

Back