Composite Fallout Map

Golbolco

It Wandered In From the Wastes
Here's a map I've made that attempts to integrate the many world maps and locations from Fallout, Wasteland, and the fan games.

MY8sZ8j.png

This map fully incorporates the terrain/encounters map data from Fallout 1, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics. It also uses the map data from Fallout: Nevada and Fallout: Sonora. I used a combination of Google Maps, comparing locations on their respective grids, and just eyeballing it to add everything together. I also used the pre-release map from Van Buren to bridge the gap between F:Nevada and F:Tactics. Fallout 1.5's world map is also present on here. Then I estimated where to place New Vegas's DLC locations. Wasteland 1-3's locations were attached but not their terrain because F:Sonora's terrain was, in my opinion, superior and incompatible.

A few things have been rearranged; for example, F:Nevada's Las Vegas was moved south to match up with the ruin of Las Vegas on Fallout 1's map. Some of the Wasteland and Nevada locations are synced with Vegas's new position. New Reno was synced with Nevada's map because it's more accurate to its real life position.

I don't really have a good use for this map right now; it was to be used in a fan strategy game but that's petered out. If anyone has their own Fallout project that needs a good map of the American west, you're more than welcome to use this map as a resource. It is certainly interesting and I hope useful to see how close certain areas would be if they all existed in one universe, like how Base Cochise, the Divide, and Area 51 all cluster together and result in a good portion of the Sierra Nevada being nuked out of existence.

Very cool! If one were to be doing a gigantic hex-crawl map for a Fallout Tabletop campaign, this would actually be a great reference point.

Back