Condensed Temple of Trials for Unofficial Patch & vanilla game

Fallout 2 mod Condensed Temple of Trials for Unofficial Patch & vanilla game 1.2.1

NovaRain

Casual Modder
Modder
NovaRain submitted a new resource:

Condensed Temple of Trials for Unofficial Patch & vanilla game - A simple mod that condenses the Temple of Trials map into two elevations.

Info:
-----
I removed the second elevation (hallway) of the map, so after going through the foyer you'll be in the inner sanctum directly. I also moved the impenetrable door and items from the hallway to the foyer. Now the very first door in the temple needs to be lockpicked.

Installation:
-------------
Copy the Data...

Read more about this resource...

In the eyes of many experienced modders this might be pretty amateurish. :oops:
I was trying to make the "tutorial" shorter without completely skipping it and with only one modified file. Because I'm not good at mapping, I chose to keep original layout of the foyer and the inner sanctum, and connected them by adjusting exit grid data only. I moved loots and most of obstructions from the deleted hallway to the foyer. The only absent ones are those sharpened pole shooting traps.

Surely there are several ways to make ToT even shorter, but I think they would require editing at least two files (maps and/or scripts) or modifying the map layout heavily (like changing the foyer to a simple one-way hallway).

Last edited:
Pretty cool. :cool: I'll check this out the next time I play. I actually haven't played the game in months, but I always check the forum daily to see if there's anything going on.

I was wondering if there could be a lore friendlier version of the Temple and thought of this...

... You enter the Temple and see that the very first doorway has collapsed. There is no way to get past it, but you see the dead body of someone in a vault suit under all the rubble. You pick up the clothes, then return back outside, talk to the NPC waiting and tell him that there is no way past, but you got the holy vault suit. He will be like "Oh well" .. and you two make ways back to the village. :deal::drummer:

I don''t understand the hate for the temple, it's easy combat, for easy experience...the setting is somewhat unbelievable, in a game of full of unbelievable settings, but that's OK, that's why people love the game.

I never said it's long. Just not very interesting. Game could work just as well without it.

If we put in some Fo1 analogy, you can say that the gecko hunting grounds are the rat caves.. just that in Fo2 they are completely optional. Should have gone without the temple and instead make this part a little more present and interesting.

Sorry.
I guess I misunderstood the word "slog". Which I always thought means something that drags for ever.

Last edited:
You could easily change the setting, remove the stone walls and tiles, and make it a cave full of nasty critters. You would still need to complete a few simple tasks, etc.

I actually changed the last section in the Restoration Project, I removed the original wall set and returned it to the cave wall set, which was what the designers originally had. Maybe a cave setting would work better....

Back