Fallout 2 mod "Could not find file scrname.msg"

top_gunni

First time out of the vault
Hey, I'm trying to figure out how to make scripts and such in Fallout 2. I've got very little experience with modding, but I'd like to give it a shot. Anyways, I followed this tutorial from Quantum Apprentice on YouTube, and I followed his exact instructions, but I keep getting the error message "Could not find file scrname.msg". Does anybody know how to resolve this issue? Thank you so much!

Attachments

• peepee.JPG
    peepee.JPG
    12.8 KB · Views: 244
Where does the warning show up? Did you extract the scrname.msg file?

Yes, I did extract it. When I'm editing a file, and I got to list it, that's when it comes up.

In which modding tool does it show up? BIS mapper?
make sure the path in the mapper configuration leads to the right place.

Try copying scrname.msg to here - C:\Fallout2\data\Text\English\Game . If this doesn't work than try creating a folder called master.dat and put the scrname.msg here - C:\Fallout2\master.dat\text\english\game

And again, make sure the path in mapper.cfg is correct.

I'm getting the error in SFall. Sorry, can't believe I forgot to specify that. I think I fixed it though! I'm not getting the error any more.

I know this thread is old, but I am experiencing the same exact error and can't figure out how to fix it. I don't have a \data\Text folder in my Fallout 2 install nor do I have a \master.dat folder. I am pretty sure my mapper.cfg locations are correct.

Would anyone be able to advise and assist? Thanks in advance!

Nevermind, twice in a row here I fixed my issue after posting for help, lol.

Had to use the Dat explorer to extract all my dats to the /data folder in the main Fallout 2 directory. Maybe my stumbling through baby's first modding will help other total newcomers...

Back