Could the following landmark have a place in the Fallout Universe?

Acenos1

First time out of the vault
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror aka, Hollywood Tower Hotel, except it's a fully functioning Hotel and not the facade for a ride.
Tower+of+Terror+Concept+01+(1992).jpg

Does this look "post apocalyptic" enough?

paintconcept.jpg

I got things figured out already. It's backstory would at first be the same as the ride's backstory: being founded in 1917 and was a high class Hotel that was popular to the Hollywood elite up until the infamous 1939 lightning strike that obliterated two whole wings of the building, caused an elevator full of five people to disappear and left a massive scar on the front of the building. resulting in the business failing and the hotel being closed indefinitely and abandoned. However, after the POD that leads to the start of the Fallout timeline, the hotel never reopens in the 90's and remains closed and abandoned throughout most of Pre-War history all the way up to the Great War.

In the Post-War, everyone, wether they be Wastelanders, raiders, scavengers and even the local wildlife, avoid the place like the plague as there is an air of strangeness to this landmark in the wasteland as well as the feeling that something about it is just . . . wrong. It's in an unnaturally pristine state of preservation, compared to the rest of the Boneyard barring the damage from the lightning strike despite being in an area where the blast should have knocked it down. Standing as one of the few surviving landmarks that remind those of the lost splendor of what was once the movie capital of the world. A time capsule of a bygone era.

The electricity still works despite there not being any power in the city for two centuries and despite the boiler room and generators being in a nonfunctional state. and yet, despite all of that, It's broken and flickering sickly green sign would be one of the few electrical lights in the boneyard that could be seen at night. Luring people unfamiliar with the place to it's location and anyone who entered that god-forsaken black hole of a building and were foolish enough to try to access the upper floors were never heard from again.

disney_hollywood_studios___hollywood_tower_hotel_by_theyounghistorian_ddeeus8-fullview.jpg

Like with the ride's lore, the Hotel is haunted by the spirits of those original 5 that vanished on that fateful night and is rife with various spatial and temporal reality-bending phenomena inside constantly altering the very fabric of the building.

Some people say that on certain nights, the elevator doors on the destroyed floors where the wings once stood open up to reveal empty freight elevator carriages erratically racing up and down their shafts accompanied by the ethereal screams of invisible occupants, believed to be the souls of those who foolishly entered the Hotel. It's also said that on rarer occasions, if you look at the building from a certain angle, the phantom shapes of the missing wings of the hotel can appear where they once stood. another example of the weird reality bending phenomena tied to the building.

The music used in the Ride's queue could also function as the hotel's own "radio station", for lack of a better term, that tune into despite the place being completely devoid of Human life.

I like the idea overall but I don’t think explicitly supernatural elements really fit in the Fallout universe.

I’d keep the backstory and the legends that surround the building, the lights being on without a clear source of power, the building still standing despite the war, and the people that enter the upper floors never returning. But I’d drop the reality-shifting stuff and any undeniable proof of the supernatural. The “ethereal screams” could be from the victims of whatever mutant horror is up there eating unsuspecting explorers. Maybe it’s a hive of giant mutant insects that were attracted to the lights and made their home there? I don’t know, I’m just trying to think of ways to preserve the “haunted” feel without actually making it literally haunted. Just my two cents.

You could definitely do explicitly supernatural elements within the Fallout universe, as long as the how it's done is more subtle than demons chasing you down.

Back