Days to find the water chip reset to 150 after loading a save.

tomer-k

First time out of the vault
Hi.
I am using the latest version of Fixt (fallout 1). After I paid the water merchants for a caravan to the vault, the 123 days left I had to find the water chip turned to 223. But unfortunately, every time I loaded a save, the days number got reset to 150. Does anybody have any idea what might be the problem?

Last edited:
Hi.
I am using the latest version of Fixt (fallout 1). After I paid the water merchants for a caravan to the vault, the 123 days left I had to find the water chip turned to 223. But unfortunately, every time I loaded a save, the days number got reset to 150. Does anybody have any idea what might be the problem?
Locate and open this file: VAULT13.GAM.

You could try to increase the number of days left until game is over, by editing* this line:

VAULT_WATER :=150;

* BUT MAKE A BACKUP FIRST (copy and paste the file to the desktop, or something) !

Oops my bad, I should have tried doing some tests, before posting. My apologies.

This other thread points to the file I mentioned earlier, too: https://nma-fallout.com/threads/fixt-and-time-limit.205995/#post-4154553

But it only works partially, unfortunately! It triggers the cinematic reminding the player the urgency of their quest, if you decrease the value in the VAULT13.GAM file, for example. But the game seems to check the new value you’ve defined and then revert the change.

You won’t get a game over after leaving the cave by changing the value to, let’s say one day. :obsessed:

Oops my bad, I should have tried doing some tests, before posting. My apologies.

This other thread points to the file I mentioned earlier, too: https://nma-fallout.com/threads/fixt-and-time-limit.205995/#post-4154553

But it only works partially, unfortunately! It triggers the cinematic reminding the player the urgency of their quest, if you decrease the value in the VAULT13.GAM file, for example. But the game seems to check the new value you’ve defined and then revert the change.

You won’t get a game over after leaving the cave by changing the value to, let’s say one day. :obsessed:
Thank you for trying to help anyway.

Back