Die-Cast Pipboy Available For Preorder

monsharen

Testament to the ghoul lifespan
Staff member
Admin
Board Cop oTO
Orderite
There's some new merch on preorder over at the Bethesda store. A heavy duty Pipboy with an LCD screen featuring some animations and a clock. Looks pretty sweet for being a rather useless piece of kit. Let us know what you think in the thread!

A 1:1 faithful replica of the Pip-Boy as seen in the Fallout TV series. Created using the TV show geometry and made in a mix of die-cast metal and injection moulded ABS, the Pip-Boy has a functioning TFT LCD screen showing in-universe animations and is also a working timepiece with an in-universe alarm clock function – ideal for when it is sitting neatly on its perfectly-formed display stand.

Die-cast metal front casing, engineering injection-moulded ABS body with a memory foam cuff, all come together in the perfect balance of authentic materials, which individually distressed by hand, result in the most accurate replica of this iconic wrist worn "Personal Information Processor" - Pip-Boy ever made.

https://gear.bethesda.net/products/fallout-series-pip-boy-die-cast-replica

Do note that the description states:
THIS ITEM IS ESTIMATED TO BE READY TO SHIP DURING THE MONTH OF NOVEMBER 2024

I love the Pip-Boy 3000's design in Fallout 3 and New Vegas, so this looks dope. Huge turnoff for me is the Fallout 4 interface.

Edit: Looking at it twice, it actually appears to be a rather better looking version of the Fallout 4 Pip-Boy rather than the Fallout 3 and New Vegas one. It's less bulky and ugly. I guess props to the show (no pun intended) for making a good looking Fallout 4 Pip-Boy.

Hard pass, after 76 nylon bag fiasco + bottles you would be lucky to get it on time, much less in a good working condition.

I have clock on my wrist and on my phone already. No thx.
Looks like a slab of metal with nothing else going for it. They didn't even bother to paint it. Price 200$ mcdonalds pesos

If we made a power bank or a "base" for a smartphone, it would be interesting, but this alarm clock is not worth it.

Back