Disappointed with the Fallout 4 modding scene

SarcasticGoodGuy

*R O T T E N*
Anyone else disappointed with the lack of sex mods in Fallout 4? It seems like with Skyrim we were spoiled, because it's pretty much dead except for a few incels working with Bethesda's new animation software. With the Creation Engine and improved graphics, you would think that modding sex into Fallout 4 would be top priority for some modders. You only have to look at Loverslab to see the inactivity- there's one dead thread on "SexTec" and a few sexy screens. The closest thing that I have found is a BJ animation but even that is incomplete.

This is a serious discussion, disregard my username for a moment because I am sad about the abandonment of Fallout 4 sex mods.

Your thoughts?

I'm disappointed with the lack of useful mods in general.
About sex mods, script extender team is too busy with making F4SE and SKSE64, no script extender - no sex mods. 64-bit engine is different beast, even ENB is not fully compatible with it.

I'm disappointed with the lack of useful mods in general.
About sex mods, script extender team is too busy with making F4SE and SKSE64, no script extender - no sex mods.
Yeah it seems like Bethesda has really screwed over all modders with the delay of the CK and the new animation software.

But on the topic of sex mods, do you have a preference you would like to see?

Anyone else disappointed with the lack of sex mods in Fallout 4? It seems like with Skyrim we were spoiled, because it's pretty much dead except for a few incels working with Bethesda's new animation software. With the Creation Engine and improved graphics, you would think that modding sex into Fallout 4 would be top priority for some modders. You only have to look at Loverslab to see the inactivity- there's one dead thread on "SexTec" and a few sexy screens. The closest thing that I have found is a BJ animation but even that is incomplete.

This is a serious discussion, disregard my username for a moment because I am sad about the abandonment of Fallout 4 sex mods.

Your thoughts?

FO4 was a shitty game and most veteran modders of Bethesda games decided it wasn't worth the effort of polishing a sack of shit.

Yeah it seems like Bethesda has really screwed over all modders with the delay of the CK and the new animation software.
That, but they have been bending modders over for a while. Paid modding, farming mods, only communicating with a handful of like 6 modders. Selling their games with the efforts of modders as a bonus.
I find them abhorrent.

F4SE team has halted work on it when Skyrim Special Edition came out because they went right away to make Skyrim Special Edition Script Extender.
No one really likes Fallout 4 compared to Skyrim, actually no one really likes Bethesda's Fallout when compared to The Elders Scrolls series.
Most modders move from Fallout to TES right away as soon as a new game is released, fortunately Fallout New Vegas modding scene is still going strong.

By the way, if anyone is interested, a friend of mine made an alternative start for Fallout 4 (and while I am a bit biassed, it is still a great mod for those who want to play FO4 and not get the PC origin pushed down their throats). He even changed dialogues and the voice files to remove references to the old Sole Survivor's past:
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18946/?

Currently modders are sticking to Skyrim Special Edition, which makes sense. Even though compared to past games even Skyrim has a lot of bullshit hardcoded things stifling creativity, it's graphical and tech improvements over the old ones are too much to ignore. Fallout 4 however is even more of a piece of shit. The game is boring rubbish, that looks half assed in everything that went into it. Bethesda put the longevity of the game to death before it was even released. They pushed their streamlining too far for even many of the casual players. It's too watered down and mediocre at all the gamer types it tried to appeal to for any of them to enjoy it.

The leveling and dialogue systems were abysmal failures to the point where Todd Howard himself had to admit it was a mistake. It would have been alright except the things have been hardcoded to the game so modders can't take them out. That in turn is similar to removing the main industry of a town. All the other services and industries that go into supporting the workers and supplies of the main one go with it. Like what happened to the boom towns out west.

Nobody wants to mod the other parts because there isn't a big enough audience. If Fallout 4 could have a proper leveling and dialogue system modded back in the core RPG tools would be there for other modders to pick it up. I imagine the best would be total conversions and overhauls and maybe a new vegas remake. With all those new people attracted to those mods you'd get all the other types of modders attracted to the game as well.

So to simplify because the core foundation of Fallout 4's gameplay is botched and can't be changed the main audience it's supposed to appeal to has ditched it, and with no audience to market to all the other modders aren't going to bother making mods for the game.

If Bethesda was smart, they'd really open up Fallout 4 to modders, allow them to rip it up and rebuild it from the ground up into something fun and worth playing. The rest of the vanilla game would still suck and be boring, but the hope would be that other story focused modders would just create total conversions for actually decent content to attract players, and than you'd get a domino effect of all the rest coming to it.

That's of course not going to happen, Bethesda would be tacitly admitting that the game is shit from top to bottom and that the only way to get people to play it was to allow modders to practically make it into a different game.

Last edited:
Beth was smart enough to sell it on day one. They have accomplished their objective,

I mean personally my favourate is modding NV. I mean the Geck just works and I know that sounds confusing and does have it issues but I'll give you an example.

When opening up NV geck and going to a world space with nothing changed or altered you get now error messages or anyhting pop up it just well works.

However you open fo3 you get error massages and all this shit that just poops up. Now most of it does't mean anything it all and does effect the game. You just looking at an area not changing anything but its still fudging annyouing. It feels like the Geck itself is a broken pile of jury rigged shit. I mean if the error messages mean nothign why would you stilll have them pooping up its just feel lazy and if their is a real error massage it will easily get fucking confused

Not trying to hijack this thread, but as it is about modding I felt it would be appropriate to put this here.

What if the NPCs in the Commonwealth became aware of mods changing them and their environment?

Poor Preston

How much do you guys want to bet that paid modding is happening in the near future (maybe in the next TES or Fallout game).
I even have this conspiracy theory that Bethesda only pushed Sony and Microsoft to allow mods on consoles because of paid mods, the same reason why they made so many Junk DLCs for Fallout 4 too.
Why do I think this? Well we all remember the fiasco that paid mods on steam ended up being. So Bethesda saw that PC gamers wouldn't accept it, so how about the console players? It's an even bigger number of players than the PC ones. So Bethesda made several settlement junk DLCs to see how the console players would react, the PC ones reacted mostly negatively, but the console players were mostly happy to have a DLC with just junk for the settlements (quite similar to some mods to be honest). They bought it, they liked it and wanted more.
After this reaction by the console players Bethesda then pressured Microsoft and Sony to get mods on the consoles, made Bethesda.net as a mod distributor, added browsing and downloading mods ingame and remastered Skyrim (the Bethesda game that has more mods ever). By the next TES or Fallout game's release they have paved the ground to start asking for money to get mods. The PC players will (most likely) not fall for it, but the console players will probably fall head first (they already have to pay for stuff like playing online and other services). Bethesda will have finally reached their main objective of directly profiting from modders work (since they already profit from some sales due to the modding scene).

I have to agree with you, Risewild. Honestly, I am surprised they didn't try to give paid mods in skyrim, but I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to push them next time.

However, I really hope that if they do that, it will backfire horribly, but I am not certain about it. I mean most people who play consoles will gladly pay for a junk like this, but hell maybe some will learn?

Back