Diversity in video games and whatnot

CT Phipps

Carbon Dated and Proud
Social Justice Assassin?
That sounds like a big bag of 'ew' but... Please elaborate.

It's from an argument I had in other forum where they talked about one of the worst things you could call a person on the internet was a Social Justice Warrior who whines about....whatever. Feminism in games or how there aren't enough Black protagonists. I pointed out that was an inherently dumb thing to throw at progressives because it sounds like a pretty cool thing to apply to someone. I created the title Social Justice Assassin as a result (because it was a D&D forum) since I tended to be on the side of games and comics needing to be more inclusive.

We also had a debate whether Lee or C.J. was the best Black protagonist in a video game.

It's from an argument I had in other forum where they talked about one of the worst things you could call a person on the internet was a Social Justice Warrior who whines about....whatever. Feminism in games or how there aren't enough Black protagonists. I pointed out that was an inherently dumb thing to throw at progressives because it sounds like a pretty cool thing to apply to someone. I created the title Social Justice Assassin as a result (because it was a D&D forum) since I tended to be on the side of games and comics needing to be more inclusive.
How about Social Justice Troglodyte?
I always just preferred using the phrase "dumb and wrong" personally.

I don't think there even is a "problem". Not every work of art or piece of entertainment has to make sure and get some perfect ratio of your special snowflake minorities. Especially when it's shit like having WWI game where half the British army is black or a Mafia game about a black gang banger in wannabe New Orleans or a show about Arthurian legends with a black Lancelot. Also notice how "diversity" pretty much just means "less White people". Imagine a game about some Africa war or some Chinese Civil War where half the characters were White for some reason? There'd be a shitstorm!

That act in itself is offensive and fails to be inclusive. To try be inclusive to everybody, it misses a whole lot of cultures, people and beliefs hence only being inclusive to a small bowl of certain people, which doesn't solve the problem.

Basically, the SJW movement denies the freedom of others to uphold the freedom of others.

My general argument is basically to challenge the nature of the default protagonist. One of the things which I appreciated about B.J. in Wolfenstein: The New Order was highlighting his mother was Jewish and there's no particular reason not to make him that way. I also felt that Lara Croft's change for the Tomb Raider Reboot was for the better (even though I do feel she's kind of become a little too small and "cute" versus the confident woman she was before). For 90% of the characters, there's no reason not for them to Black, Asian, Hispanic, or Indian or whatnot but a lot of them just end up being white.

A little more diversity just makes the games feel more "real" to me.

Better!

Liberturd was also a suggested alternative.

:)
How do you feel that your movement is contradictory and nonsensical?

My general argument is basically to challenge the nature of the default protagonist. One of the things which I appreciated about B.J. in Wolfenstein: The New Order was highlighting his mother was Jewish and there's no particular reason not to make him that way. I also felt that Lara Croft's change for the Tomb Raider Reboot was for the better (even though I do feel she's kind of become a little too small and "cute" versus the confident woman she was before). For 90% of the characters, there's no reason not for them to Black, Asian, Hispanic, or Indian or whatnot but a lot of them just end up being white.

That's an interesting opinion, but the problem is... that's not the problem. Unless you care to prove it, with a couple of examples at least.

My general argument is basically to challenge the nature of the default protagonist.
What is the "default" protagonist? Could it be that games made in countries with predominately White people identify for with their own people? Why does it need to be "challenged"?
One of the things which I appreciated about B.J. in Wolfenstein: The New Order was highlighting his mother was Jewish and there's no particular reason not to make him that way.
That's different as it gives him a reason to hate "le ebul nazis" so much. Even though he's a blond haired, blue eyed guy which are two traits that jews don't naturally have but whatever. He was always jewish and theres thematic reasons for it.
I also felt that Lara Croft's change for the Tomb Raider Reboot was for the better (even though I do feel she's kind of become a little too small and "cute" versus the confident woman she was before).
The main audience for video games is predominately men. God forbid men make a game for other men where theres attractive women in it. What was wrong with Lara before? Why is her being cute and attractive now bad?
For 90% of the characters, there's no reason not for them to Black, Asian, Hispanic, or Indian or whatnot but a lot of them just end up being white.
Theres no reason to make them some minority either. It's totally unrealistic in a lot of cases like the WW1 game I mentioned earlier. Why is it so bad that these characters are White? You see this is what I mean, diversity just means "less White people". You'd never complain about too many blacks, or too many hispanics or too many asians because then that would be "racist". But by all means get out your calculator and make sure there aren't too many of those fucking WHITES in there.
America is 60%+ White (used to be a hell of a lot higher too) blacks are only about 13% of the population, they're already massively over represented as is, it's not more "real". Realistically there'd be a whole lot less minorities in games because guess what, they're MINORITIES! If we're arguing realism than there'd be almost no minorities in games, hell there are only like 3% of America who is gay/lesbian so if we're going by trying to make sure things are "realistic" enough there'd be hardly any games that had them either. The media has warped your brain into forgetting that minorities are called that for a reason. There is no reason to boost the number of whatever special group you want to have now other than to forward your own agenda.

Random aside, women actually now play more video games than men now.

But I should point out I'm not actually here to derail the thread. Just explain the origin of the title.

I'm also aware of your politics, Vergil.

Perhaps another thread for this?

Are you going to make the other thread or should I? I would enjoy talking about this subject with you.
I've already made my point crystal clear so I don't see what the point would be in having one. Especially if you just want to have a back and forth with me specifically.

I've already made my point crystal clear so I don't see what the point would be in having one. Especially if you just want to have a back and forth with me specifically.

Well I disagree with some of the points and the factuality of others but if you don't want to discuss it, I understand. Thanks for talking about the subject.

That's because they sized her breasts down. See big titties COMMAND respect and thus confidence is gained.

Back