Do you like the Pre alpha announcement ?

#1 I would recommend taking it down from Nexus until it is post beta. Every mod that is ambitious that is uploaded too soon fizzles out. And you will get shitty advice from idiots.
#2 Do what you want to do, don't be swayed by too many idea tanks. Get your ideas down then look for inspiration.
#3 Got to put some terrain height levels in there for diversity, no landscape is completely flat.
#4 Might be good to consider where the blast took place too, design the rubble with the blast in mind. Pay attention to the little things.
#5 Please for the love of all that is holy, navmesh it.
#6 Rely on yourself. If you put too much stock into waiting for others you will never finish it, expect that you are the only one.
#7 Play test the shit out of it. When you start to hate it, you'll know you're going in the right direction.
#8 Play other similar mods, What do you like? What do you dislike?

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I've left it in this state for a awhile for people to play ect. I've done plently more work since then. Yes I will add to the landscape the only trouble is i'm not that great at making hills ect but i'll have a good go. It might not be proper hills ect but lust bumps ect.

But yeah , thanks for the response

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I've left it in this state for a awhile for people to play ect. I've done plently more work since then. Yes I will add to the landscape the only trouble is i'm not that great at making hills ect but i'll have a good go. It might not be proper hills ect but lust bumps ect.

But yeah , thanks for the response
np, there should be a smooth function in the land editor. Hills break up the scene, so they are pretty crucial.
It's going to fuck with your placed buildings but if you want your mod to rock, that's a good start.
Also, I haven't tested it so I am only going by images, Did you generate LOD? I know Someguy2000 knows how to do it for NV.

When you start raising and lowing the land you want it to feel natural, smoothing the edges can make it seem like this, but doing this will also break up tessellation and repetition. It depends on how deep you want to go into world design but you can do some cool things with land. Like how I was mentioning where the blast was, well, if there is a hill or if it is a valley, did the natural land protect the buildings? Did thy parts crumble down the hill? Was someone there when it happened? When did it happen? Who where they? Do you have any flora around the rubble houses and buildings? how many? Are they indigenous to that area? Do the locals use these plants? What do they use them for? What do the people do there? What do they eat?

I can go on, but don't know if I should.

np, there should be a smooth function in the land editor. Hills break up the scene, so they are pretty crucial.
It's going to fuck with your placed buildings but if you want your mod to rock, that's a good start.
Also, I haven't tested it so I am only going by images, Did you generate LOD? I know Someguy2000 knows how to do it for NV.

When you start raising and lowing the land you want it to feel natural, smoothing the edges can make it seem like this, but doing this will also break up tessellation and repetition. It depends on how deep you want to go into world design but you can do some cool things with land. Like how I was mentioning where the blast was, well, if there is a hill or if it is a valley, did the natural land protect the buildings? Did thy parts crumble down the hill? Was someone there when it happened? When did it happen? Who where they? Do you have any flora around the rubble houses and buildings? how many? Are they indigenous to that area? Do the locals use these plants? What do they use them for? What do the people do there? What do they eat?

I can go on, but don't know if I should.

Haha lol yeah i know the smother tool pretty weel from skyrim its just hills ect. I chose atlanta becasue it was pretty falt (for the most part) but does have lots of trees so i don't need massive hills. And yes there was the thrid fire pf atlanta than burnt alot of the builds ect building manged to survived

Is it actually playable with quest and dialogue or are you just toying with map making?

Call me a pessimist, but after 10+ years of modding, I know that a project will fail if you care for graphics first and expect the rest to get done later. :>

First target always has to be making the game(s main story) playable from the beginning to the end. Brush out the gameworld as bare bones as possible. Do not work on any other maps or graphics or quests and dialogues before that is done. If you fail right here, you'll save yourself a tremendous amount of time.

Last edited:
Is it actually playable with quest and dialogue or are you just toying with map making?

Call me a pessimist, but after 10+ years of modding, I know that a project will fail if you care for graphics first and expect the rest to get done later. :>

First target always has to be making the game(s main story) playable from the beginning to the end. Brush out the gameworld as bare bones as possible. Do not work on any other maps or graphics or quests and dialogues before that is done. If you fail right here, you'll save yourself a tremendous amount of time.

Yeah its just a small tastier of what I want to make to hopefully gain feedback any also make myself noticed. But yes it is playable. A small area of the game world is looking good with few quest ect. Well i almost kind of realised this so I've got away mod some other mods ect. Watched youtube videos ready guides ect. I'm doing some textures and game world creation now. Few last few weeks i've been doing other mods but been focusing on game world creation.

My aim now is to do the game world creation, although its kinda annyouning cuz i get ideas and want to put them in the game but never mind. The world creation is quite tough getting it detailed but large but i've got an outline now and parts of the map are more detailed than others

I don't think it fail at all in fact i think its quite successful already as it was done by just me

Back