Does using booze on npc really lower their perception? How do i know/check it?

Enter

First time out of the vault
As title said, i'm having my doubt about the booze tactic. I'm trying to steal a guns n bullet skillbook on the 2nd floor of Shark Club in a shelf right beside a guard. Strategies i read said to lower the guard perception 9 points by making him drunk with booze. So i bought 5 rotgut (-2 PE each), use all on him, enter stealth with 101% sneak and the result is i always fail.

Is the booze tactic a scam or it's only work with a game version without installing RPU?

I remember always having problems trying to steal from that shelf as well. Booze should definitely lower perception, but perhaps it’s not enough. Try pumping your sneak skill even higher, and/or placing a companion between you and the guard to block his line of sight.

But there's no empty cell to put companion between me and him, the shelf, me, and the guard literally side by side. I guess i'll try raising Sneak to 120-130 and try again later, if it's still not working i will just give up. Maybe the guide is obsolete or for unpatched game.

Btw if i use jet on npc would they get the after effect too? With 2 jets stacking it's -6 Perception.

Last edited:
Always worked for me fine, no problem stealing, but I never played RPU just killap's RP. Jet works as well, but you gotta sleep for 10 minutes.

My last try with 120 Sneak and choking the guard with 2 Jets + 5 Rotgut still failed. I guess its time to give up that one book.

Back