DON'T press the button in HQ

2bak

First time out of the vault
Yeah, so when walking through the museum in the Ranger HQ there is a bomb which, when you 'use' it, will bring up a dialog where you are given a option to press a button. Don't do it.. I just got the whole fucking plot spoiled because apparently InXile thought that would be funny.

This just serves as a warning before anyone do what I did. Not trying to start a debate.

I did it and fail to see how it spoils the whole plot.

The game literally tells you "you died, and therefore failed to stop X from doing X" - neither of which I knew about at that point, in writing, how on earth can you not see what I'm talking about here?

Did someone actually finished the campaign and can confirmed that it actually spoiled the ending, or that is was a way to trick the fans into believing it was the actual end, in order to better twist their expectations later ? (if someone answer this, use spoiler tool)

Don't know the ending, but i pushed the button.
Anyway, that character and threat mentioned on that cinematic are things that you are lead to believe as endgame threats way earlier than you access the button. Remember that you have to attach the repeater to gain access to the Citadel. By attaching those, you learn about that threat which is part of the main plot. An THEN, you are given access to the Citadel, in which the button is. It is physically impossible for you to not hear about it before pushing the button as hearing about it is a condition to be able to push that button. If you think otherwise you weren't paying attention. Also, even if it was the real guy, knowing his name and what kind of being it is only tell you 1% of the ending. You don't know his goals, his personality, how to defeat him, what is the desert rangers fate, the fate of the community you met, the consequences of your choices, etc...

Last edited:
Didn't spoiled at all. because what matters for me is what can I do and what should I do. who the hell are CoC isn't that important. beside, one thing was clear: whether CoC and thier androids are evil or not, they are Ranger's enemy.

Back