DOOM 2016 SinglePlayer Preview

eissa

Artanis "Altáriel" Nerwen Nos Finwe

well, looks like the game play were fast paced enough, got some "supercar" speed there

Spah mahrine

Last edited:
Meh, looks so utterly generic and bland.

I wish they'd rather just remake the originals with better graphics. Not redone graphics. As close to the originals as possible, but in full 3D and high definition. Because the originals still look better than most modern shooters.

Well it looks very different to this:

The third one feels much more gritty, dark and natural, while this looks a bit more like a quakish, arcade type shooter with wide spaces, pastel colors and not that many scares. Doesn't look interesting at all, hope i'm wrong though.

(I do prefer the third game to the original games, and i played them first in the 90')

Last edited:

The third one feels much more gritty, dark and natural, while this looks a bit more like a quakish, arcade type shooter with wide spaces, pastel colors and not that many scares. Doesn't look interesting at all, hope i'm wrong though.

(I do prefer the third game to the original games, and i played them first in the 90')

I loved Doom 1-3 but this one... I woouldn't touch it if i even got it for free.

Watched this yesterday, and now I'm convinced that ID Software did nothing beyond 3D-ify Brutal DOOM and Project Brutality, then slap a Sunset Overdrive-style upgrade system over everything else.

If I were the guys behind those mods, I'd be fuming mad about seeing my work plagiarized and placed behind a $60 paywall.

EDIT:

well, looks like the game play were fast paced enough, got some "supercar" speed there

Spah mahrine

That was actually something they added within the last month because of the negative feedback about how slow the game was in the E3 reveal. It also doesn't help that Certain Affinity, a Halo-multiplayer design team, is working alongside ID with this.

THIS GAME IS FUCKING METAL!!!! I will play it if I ever get a chance to do so. I can at least say for once at least Bethesda did something right. Staying out of development

I am not sure what to make of this game.
I played the original game back in the 90s and Doom 3 and its expansion when it came out (and I liked it for what it was), but this game?

Well I don't care much for the MP mode as I have always been a Singe Player gamer, but even the campaign looks somewhat rather boring to be honest.
It might be pretty fun for people who love a fast paced shooter but I guess I have been somewhat spoiled since Half Life 2 and all other story driven FPS games.

I think that even if I want to play a fast paced FPS game that I should probably play Doom 1 and 2 or Duke Nukem 3D for example.

Really hope some other FPS games will be announced this year.

as far i know, doom is not about survival horror with crap closet jumpscare. doom is about fast paced action shooter in asymetrical battle againts 20+ demon on scrreeen.

its like comparing fallout tactic to original fallout.
the Doom 2016 is more truer to original, i hope they make Quake 5 after this

as far i know, doom is not about survival horror with crap closet jumpscare. doom is about fast paced action shooter in asymetrical battle againts 20+ demon on scrreeen.

its like comparing fallout tactic to original fallout.
the Doom 2016 is more truer to original, i hope they make Quake 5 after this

I mentioned that i prefer doom 3 to the originals. I played the originals in 1997 and i still prefer doom 3 for the atmosphere and the gameplay. This one looks more like the originals, but without the interesting map layout ant puzzles, it's pretty much useless.

I don't get why they call it DOOM and not DOOM 4. Obviously it's not the same game as the 1993 version, so surely naming it as such will cause pointless confusion.

I don't get why they call it DOOM and not DOOM 4. Obviously it's not the same game as the 1993 version, so surely naming it as such will cause pointless confusion.
they insisted it as remake to original rather than sequel, though firaxis did better at this when they rename X-com as XCOM

they insisted it as remake to original rather than sequel, though firaxis did better at this when they rename X-com as XCOM
They could just call it "DOOM Remade" or "DOOM Reborn"

Now whenever you look up the original, you have to look up "DOOM 1" or "DOOM 1996 Version", all because Bethesda can't accept that people may want to play the original over there remake.

Back