Duke Nukem: Forever 2001 - Content Leak!

The_Proletarian

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
Staff member
Admin
dnf200leak_1.jpg

According to this post on duke4.net there's a coming leak of a Duke Nukem Forever build from 2001!

Almost every chapter is present in some form. A huge chunk is playable, a huge chunk is block-outs with no enemies. All of the E3 content is there.
Not just the editor, we will be releasing the full source code too.
All weapons are functional with the exception of the chainsaw and the freezer.
Do you have any date on when you are gonna leak it then? June.
The editor works. We also have the engine and UnrealScript source code and have written instructions for compiling it.
Two builds, but only the content for one.
It is Unreal Engine 1, like the final game.
There is no complete game. It was never finished.
The E3 2001 iteration but not the E3 2001 build.
The shrink ray is in the game, it’s the first weapon in slot 4.
The theme is just the Megadeth version. It starts playing as soon as you boot the game.
Bombshell is not visually present in the game at this point, there is a log file showing that her model was deleted.
The strippers can be seen and interacted with when you first enter the club. By the point in the game that was recorded, most of them are dead.

After a quick look at Wiki they started with the Quake 2 engine, then switched to Unreal. Then they restarted in 2007 and then again 2010. And then there's also a fan version released in 2013.

The leak is leaked now!

Maybe one day Van Buren could be leaked too.

Oh, who am I kidding? That will never happen. Whatever was already made probably doesn't even exist anymore.

n8HnU0g.png

I don't think anything but the well-known tech demo and the design documents existed, so... Everything is already leaked.

I don't think anything but the well-known tech demo and the design documents existed, so... Everything is already leaked.
This is what was already made in Van Buren when it was cancelled:
In 2003, the game was canceled and the Black Isle employees were laid off. At that time the engine was about 95% done. You could create characters, use skills, perform both ranged and melee combat, save/load games and travel across maps. A tutorial level was done that would let the designers do all of the above. All areas but one had been designed. About 75% of the dialogue was done and at least 50% of the maps. BIS already had many of the character models and monster models.

This is what was already made in Van Buren when it was cancelled:
Ah, hm. Well, let's hope there are more Absolutely Legendary Chads out there like the guy leaking DNF2001, and that someone has the files for Van Buren somewhere.

I took a short break from the Fallout games and played through Duke Nukem Forever 2013. I don't know why I didn't do it at the time but my God am I happy that I finally did. It's a really well done little DLC for Duke Nukem 3D. The music is great and there are some good laughs a long the way. The new weapons and enemies are also nice. DNF 2013 is based on what was seen in the old trailers.

I think I will wait with Duke Nukem Forever 2001 until modders have turned it into a more polished product.

I took a short break from the Fallout games and played through Duke Nukem Forever 2013. I don't know why I didn't do it at the time but my God am I happy that I finally did. It's a really well done little DLC for Duke Nukem 3D. The music is great and there are some good laughs a long the way. The new weapons and enemies are also nice. DNF 2013 is based on what was seen in the old trailers.

I think I will wait with Duke Nukem Forever 2001 until modders have turned it into a more polished product.
Gotta check that out as well, sounds like a good thing to do while waiting for dnf2001 to become playable. I'm still gonna download the archive before Randy Bitchfords minions purge the internet and shut it all down.

Yeah the Duke Nukem Begins chatroom on Steam is cracking at it. I bet the other actual forum communities have it handled as well.

Y1FbVEh.png

Cool stuff I guess but I just want a new Duke game not made by retards.

It's pretty impressive how fast they got that stuff to this stage. The brunt of the work is in the later levels, but still, it's a huge step that they got the game more stable since the leak and the editor running.

Well there are a lot of them working on it and they share. Good community.

As longs as they don't do something dumb like ask for money, they should be fine with this...legally speaking.

Back