Encased - isometric RPG from St. Petersburg Kickstarted!

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
T

TorontoReign

image-7-1024x512.png

It's almost like people realize fantasy RPG's are getting a little overdone! Thank the ancient aliens for that. It looks a bit like UnderRail, so that is a good sign. I am a little burnt out on post apocalyptic tropes too so shake it up a bit will ya?

giphy.gif

http://darkcrystalgames.com/

looks great. the art style is not really my thing but despite that, it's promising

That's right! Andrey "Weilard" Lyapichev - art lead in our team :)
Cool, he is a good artist, but, I presume, he's also red-green colorblind, right? Some of the art in the video looked oversaturated in green, some looked like there is no green whatsoever, only shades of red and blue, the overall impression was that it looks good, but inconsistent in color.

That's right! Andrey "Weilard" Lyapichev - art lead in our team :)

That's really cool indeed! Say, guys, how about you tell Andrey to give me back my money, I pledged to his other project After Reset RPG? $250 please.

That's right, people! Encased is in fact After Reset 2.

What is After Reset? Meh, just your plain old scam, that phished out 90.000 USD out of backers and disappeared! Now one of the guys who broke the promise and got rich without actually providing a playable game is at it again, branded as Encased. By all means, please back those great guys! Don't expect to ever play the game they promise, but still, I heard they are very good guys who just love saying stuff to get free money ;)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackcloudstudios/after-reset-rpg-rebooted

Black Cloud turned into a Dark Crystal thanks to my hard earned money and a game that never was. What will it become after we fall for the con again I wonder? A plasma ball of Darkness?

Cool, he is a good artist, but, I presume, he's also red-green colorblind, right? Some of the art in the video looked oversaturated in green, some looked like there is no green whatsoever, only shades of red and blue, the overall impression was that it looks good, but inconsistent in color.
Yes, he has a specific type of colorblindness, which gives this unique in some way art style.

That's really cool indeed! Say, guys, how about you tell Andrey to give me back my money, I pledged to his other project After Reset RPG? $250 please.

That's right, people! Encased is in fact After Reset 2.

What is After Reset? Meh, just your plain old scam, that phished out 90.000 USD out of backers and disappeared! Now one of the guys who broke the promise and got rich without actually providing a playable game is at it again, branded as Encased. By all means, please back those great guys! Don't expect to ever play the game they promise, but still, I heard they are very good guys who just love saying stuff to get free money ;)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackcloudstudios/after-reset-rpg-rebooted

Black Cloud turned into a Dark Crystal thanks to my hard earned money and a game that never was. What will it become after we fall for the con again I wonder? A plasma ball of Darkness?
Hello, Vlad_K. I assume you are frustrated with After Reset, but so do we. Neither Weilard or any team member of Dark Crystal Games have anything to do with After Reset or Black Clouds or whatever it is called. The only thing Andrei made for After Reset were a couple of art works and only because he believed in that project at that time. He has nothing to do with production or failed project.

After Reset actually destroyed a lot of trust in RPG devs in this region, who try to pull off their own project. This is bullshit that people will not be able to play Encased - we already have way more gameplay features and content than After Reset ever had. And we are only in pre-alpha.
When Nixon (i think?) was making After Reset bunch of our people were delivering other games featuring latest Divinity titles, Age of Decadence, Battle Brothers and others. After Reset would never reach that level.

Hello, Vlad_K. I assume you are frustrated with After Reset, but so do we. Neither Weilard or any team member of Dark Crystal Games have anything to do with After Reset or Black Clouds or whatever it is called. The only thing Andrei made for After Reset were a couple of art works and only because he believed in that project at that time. He has nothing to do with production or failed project.

After Reset actually destroyed a lot of trust in RPG devs in this region, who try to pull off their own project. This is bullshit that people will not be able to play Encased - we already have way more gameplay features and content than After Reset ever had. And we are only in pre-alpha.
When Nixon (i think?) was making After Reset bunch of our people were delivering other games featuring latest Divinity titles, Age of Decadence, Battle Brothers and others. After Reset would never reach that level.

Wow and here I was thinking you will come clean and give me back my 250 bucks :)) Sure you are going to say that, even though Andrey freely switched between his Weilard and Mr. Nixon aliases on this very forum, and the kind admins even probably have the IP information... Or how in this https://habr.com/post/201736/ russian language post Andrey is portrayed as Mr. Nixon's right hand man. Maybe Andrey can at least tell us who Mr. Nixon really is? Oh, he can't because it's his own alias! I'm not saying those of you who worked in Larian at the time are thieves, but your art director sure is. So, can I send you the paypals / bank account nr.'s of all the people from my VK public that were scammed by your Director? When can we expect the money? It's just 90.000 USD so you will have who 10.000 to make your game still!!

Wow and here I was thinking you will come clean and give me back my 250 bucks :)) Sure you are going to say that, even though Andrey freely switched between his Weilard and Mr. Nixon aliases on this very forum, and the kind admins even probably have the IP information... Or how in this https://habr.com/post/201736/ russian language post Andrey is portrayed as Mr. Nixon's right hand man. Maybe Andrey can at least tell us who Mr. Nixon really is? Oh, he can't because it's his own alias! I'm not saying those of you who worked in Larian at the time are thieves, but your art director sure is. So, can I send you the paypals / bank account nr.'s of all the people from my VK public that were scammed by your Director? When can we expect the money? It's just 90.000 USD so you will have who 10.000 to make your game still!!
I think this is a conspiracy theory. I obviously don't have IP logs or anything to prove you. But let's try to break this down.

Habrahabr article comes from the same time that the post you shared above - when mr. Nixon asked Weilard to do artwork for After Reset. That said artwork was created. And when Andrei invests his heart in something, he really cares about it. He have drawn artwork for Wasteland 2 campaign for free and have written similar articles as about After Reset. He wanted this type of the game and he helped as he could. But in each and every article he writes - there are doubts and concerns. Yes, he sort of promoted after reset, but because he was already involved emotionally into it.

If you'd work with Andrei on Encased, you'd understand that he is one of the employees who cares the most. He says: Please don't promise what we can't deliver, please give me more time for art, please let's be smart and modest about it.

Andrei was creating his own game and never raised funds for it http://www.serenitythegame.com/
He worked with dozens of people as a freelancer. And have a great reputation.

Finally, I know a guy who was involved in After Reset production (in the end they have created some demo, right?) and he never identified Andrei as Nixon. This is a bit crazy :)

Andrei is not involved in finances of Dark Crystal too. I mean. You probably are really pissed off, but I think you are very wrong here.

I think this is a conspiracy theory. I obviously don't have IP logs or anything to prove you. But let's try to break this down.

Habrahabr article comes from the same time that the post you shared above - when mr. Nixon asked Weilard to do artwork for After Reset. That said artwork was created. And when Andrei invests his heart in something, he really cares about it. He have drawn artwork for Wasteland 2 campaign for free and have written similar articles as about After Reset. He wanted this type of the game and he helped as he could. But in each and every article he writes - there are doubts and concerns. Yes, he sort of promoted after reset, but because he was already involved emotionally into it.

If you'd work with Andrei on Encased, you'd understand that he is one of the employees who cares the most. He says: Please don't promise what we can't deliver, please give me more time for art, please let's be smart and modest about it.

Andrei was creating his own game and never raised funds for it http://www.serenitythegame.com/
He worked with dozens of people as a freelancer. And have a great reputation.

Finally, I know a guy who was involved in After Reset production (in the end they have created some demo, right?) and he never identified Andrei as Nixon. This is a bit crazy :)

Andrei is not involved in finances of Dark Crystal too. I mean. You probably are really pissed off, but I think you are very wrong here.

The habrahabr article is a conversation between your director Andrey, and a Russian man called Richard Nixon who was I quote: an air pilot in the USSR and later became a furniture builder in America... Who shares your director's writing style to the letter. You want to tell me that there is actually a Richard Nixon? :) And that a man who just drew a couple of arts started making interviews, spamming social media and pledging his whole life under the title just so Kickstarter would give this unknown Richard some money? All the while working on ummm... serenitythegame... which does not mention him by name in any way? ;D
Your damage control is doing a crappy job. Think of a single lie and stick with it, come on, guys ;)
I know you will never admit it, because your campaign will be in danger when the people learn you work with a thief. Know this: me, and a little club of fellow scammed people will literally flood the internet with this info. We will send it to anyone and everyone. You will NOT get away with your crime. Unless, maybe, you want to log in on Steam and tell After Reset's backers that refunds are ready? :)

The habrahabr article is a conversation between your director Andrey, and a Russian man called Richard Nixon who was I quote: an air pilot in the USSR and later became a furniture builder in America... Who shares your director's writing style to the letter. You want to tell me that there is actually a Richard Nixon? :) And that a man who just drew a couple of arts started making interviews, spamming social media and pledging his whole life under the title just so Kickstarter would give this unknown Richard some money? All the while working on ummm... serenitythegame... which does not mention him by name in any way? ;D
Your damage control is doing a crappy job. Think of a single lie and stick with it, come on, guys ;)
I know you will never admit it, because your campaign will be in danger when the people learn you work with a thief. Know this: me, and a little club of fellow scammed people will literally flood the internet with this info. We will send it to anyone and everyone. You will NOT get away with your crime. Unless, maybe, you want to log in on Steam and tell After Reset's backers that refunds are ready? :)

Give some actual evidence that what you say is true though, otherwise this is just a troll, and derailing a (possibly) good thread.

Statement on accusations: (http://weilard.com/)
You must understand his writing is not very good, and he was also stressed with what happened, so be patient.

17.09.2018 - Charges of fraud. My answer to liars regarding my team and the project "Encased" from “Dark Crystal Games”.

ENGLISH VERSION: (RUSSIAN VERSION BELLOW) Scandals it's so fascinatingly. Especially if this scandal… just the tab in you internet browser, and you can close this tab and walk away. Other case if the scandal touch you directly. Today I give explanations to person (or group of people) who blame developers from "Dark Crystal Games", which means that me too - in scum.

Never thought that after almost 20 years work in the industry, with not bad reputation, I will collide with such abomination.

First. Somebody think that I am Mr. Nixon, autor of game "After Reset". Let's start from most idiotic conclusions.

I'm start work in game development industry since 1999th. From this point I work with large amount of different projects. Probably near 100. I can't recall all list of titles, can recall 50+ From the small indie game projects to large game titles. This is list of game I was involved:

Indie:
- Insatia (Oleg Kozlov) (Lead Artist)
- UnDungeon (Laughing Machines) Lead Artist / KS preparation stage / after KS leave position)
- Diluvion (Arachnid Games) (UI designer / They planned relaunch the game I deed reskin UI and some of art)

Arcades:
- Head Hunters (WizardSoft) (Lead Artist / Game Designer)
- Moscow Rush (HBM) (3D Artist)
- Транс-Форс (Tranzas) (3D Artist/Textures)
- Deadly Gambling: Revolvers (Level Designer/3D Artist/Textures)
- Faceless (ARGH Games) (Lead Artist)
- Debrysis (OUEO factory) (3D Artist)

3D-Actions:
- M.A.R.C.H. (HBM) (3D Artist/Textures)
- Exodus (Adamant Multimedia) (3D Artist/Textures/Level designer)
- Cool Gathling (Adamant Multimedia) (3D Artist/Textures/Level designer)
- Gipnophobia (Adamant Multimedia) (3D Artist/Textures/Level designer/concept-art)
- Akra Project (ODServe Ltd) (3D Artist/Textures).

RPG
- Две сорванных башни (Gaijin Entertainment) (3D Artist/Textures)
- Gothic 4 Arcania:A Gothic Tale (Spellbound Entertainment) (3D Artist/Textures)
- After Reset (Promo-art for the game, Posters)

Casual Games:
- Rusty Lines (Revival Project) (Full Spector)
- Curse of Montezuma (Friday Games) (Lead Artist - freelance)
- Conga Bugs (Sandlot Games) (3D Artist/Textures/Level designer/concept-art)
- Women's Murder Club: A Darker Shade of Grey Game (Floodlight Games) (Concept-art)
- Behind the Sky (Lead Artist)
- iNstein College 2 (BonoboGames) (Lead Artist)
- Shadow City (concept-art)

Flash-games
- Sky Defender (Full Spector)
- Crystal Runner (Full Spector)
- Bloood Money (Full Spector)

Настольные игры
- "Pirates" (IGames) (Lead Artist - Distance)

ММO
- Gnostaria (RealmSource LLC) (3D Artist/Textures/concept-art)
- Realm Explorer (Ex RealmSource LLC) (3D Artist)
- Craft of Gods (GameCraft) (Style Corrector)
- Earth 2 (GameCraft) (Lead Artist)
- Unknown (Unknown) (3D-Artist)
- Exoplanet:First Contact (Alersteam) (3D Artist - Weapons)
- Solar Storm (3D Artist)

Art & Illistration
- Metanoia (автор J. J. Shurte) - 36 covers for PA novellas
- Retrial: Isolated - Retreal band

Why this list here? It's all I can recall fast. And… because each of developers can confirm that I am real person. Andrey AKA "Weilard" Lyapichev. Person with huge experience of development and high level of activity at my twitter, and at my twitch channel. You can ask about me from english speaking developers and russian speaking developers, for example Oleg Kozlov with his game "Insatia". We work together past five years. They is answer who I am… Andrey Lypaichev or maybe Mr. Nixon… or maybe Brian Fago?! Of course not. Brian Fargo is sucessfull businessman, he is not write text like this, from poor small apartment in Saint-Petersburg city.

By the way, lovers of phantasy… you can meet me, right now at my home. Come to me. Let's talk. I'm not guarantee warm meeting. But, at least… after little chat I can quarantee the cleaness of your brains.

Second. If I'm not Mr. Nixon how I linked with him?

Same way like can be linked each artist who work in game-development industry. He is hired me to made promo-art for his game, after his is see my fan-art for "Wasteland 2" game. By the way, my contract with Mr. Nixon end in 2013 year. This is document which can show you my involvment in "After Reset" campaign. You can see that I'm autor of this art and I give my customer all of rights on next usage.

Not a sectet that in period of "Wasteland 2" KS campaign I'm drawing lot of images, you can find them in network. In this campaing I produce many of art, maybe more that delelopers itself. Reason is simple. I want to be a part of "InXile team", because I suppose that they create poor image of the game. Morover I think so and now. Game looks extremely poor. I have no habbit reject my words.

That is how end this part of the story. At least I think so… but internet. It's so fun diggin "senstations", yea?

Third. Why I'm wrote the article in support of "After Reset".

Answer as usual, simple. I believe in this game. As many of people who support the game. I love concept-art of the game. And I think in this time, maybe I can help this man? I take from him interview, and made post on russian hub with name Habrhabr.

You probably noticed that I'm autor of many of articles. For example I'm many ears write the large cycle of articles "Pixels Gallope" about pixel-art creation. I'm write about many of things I love. Because I'm very emotional human. In case of work of course. For example. You fall in love to woman. After couple of weeks you understand that she is not woman you search all of your life. Your decision? Go to monastery? Nope. Probably you continue your search. To find your love. Is the metaphor clear?

Same with "After Reset". I love this game, but… this is not happening. Game wasn't release. Maybe it's scum, maybe it's a tragedy. I'm not run accross the Network with scream "He is scum!". Maybe I need end of my carrier? I do for this game pomo-art and he is not successfull. What I can do? Go to the monastery! You so funny boys.

Fourth.
I am not responsible for Mr. Nixon's network activity and his manner to do piar actions. Moreover - I'm not tracking network to see what people write about me, and about my activity. I'm live like a hermit. Rare visit social places. Only my twitter, and my twitch channel. Why I'm here today? Because my boss call me this morning and ask me - do you want leave a comment on this?

O yeah… I want it.

Five. "Project Serenity"

It was myself game project. He is start from "two weeks demo" to show Inxile that with good content he is can receive the normal quality of his game. I want show this Brian Fargo. To show how can look "Wasteland 2". Because I was surpised why "Wasteland 2" with so honorable crew members have so poor overall image of the game.

After "Wasteland 2" KS campaign I'm continue work with my demo. I work at days in gamedev and work at evenings and nights with myself game. Because… we all dream to create game of our dreams. This game never was at Kickstarter. All you can see in "Project "Serenity" I do on my own cash, and all of content made by my hands. Also I receive donation. For all history of "Project Serenity" I'm earn 2000 RUB ~ 33-35 dollars. So… now I'm extremely rich!

That is how we meet with "Dark Crystal Games". He is love my demo, and my passion in case of Post-Apocalyptic genre. We start converstation and now I'm a full functional member of team and work with the game at position of art-director. By the way, not a first time in my game career.

I'm save this site (Project Serenity site) because it's a part of my life. It's my fallen dream. I come at this site to drink beer with my dream, to recall what I can do, and what I can't to in my life. Because I'm not programmer, all of my life I'm create art… maybe that is why I work in gamedev as: Artist, designer, 3D-modeller, art-director…

P.S.
Last but not least. You blame "Dark Crystal Games" in scum without any evidence. You are create this dirt for what reason? Shame on you. You outrage here and throw shtako on good people. From many good campaigns.

P.P.S. I spent all of this morning and part of day on this texts. I can be with my wife and hang the hangers on the wall. I'm doing repairs in the apartment she ask me all of this month. And I think what most important? Give explanations about what else lie in network about me and my team? Or most important my family, my work, and our game?

For me it's not a question. Family. Game. Work. But not all of this dirt…

When Nixon (i think?) was making After Reset bunch of our people were delivering other games featuring latest Divinity titles, Age of Decadence, Battle Brothers and others.
Age of Decadence or Battle Brothers haven't been funded by Kickstarter, authors never asked their audience for any money prior to release of playable build.

Age of Decadence or Battle Brothers haven't been funded by Kickstarter, authors never asked their audience for any money prior to release of playable build.
Correct. But some of the isometric RPGs of the latest era were crowdfunded. Is there something particularly wrong about it? We invested a bigger sum than we are crowdsourcing to get that far already...

Back