ent editor

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

Ok i give up, maybe im stupid :-( but what exactly am i supposed to do witht the ent. editor...lol.

what you do is open the files in the core/entities. then search for the folder called recruits. (I don't know if this was there before the patch) you can now change the recruits into anything you wish, i.e. raider,humanoid-robot, you'll have to search around for the files that list the names of everything. but I think they are in the folder called core/locale/game that folder should give you all the character names and items and such. just open them with wordpad.:)

Is it possible to change the tag skills/traits/portraits/names of the recruits as well as the race/stats/et cetera? On certain entities (from the entities_0.bos archive) I can remove existing tag skills (set to FALSE), but not add new ones; I cannot find any mention of tag skills in the BoS recruits' .ent files. Could someone who knows more about this please enlighten me? :)

(ignore that last post of mine please. too late to edit it :()
Anyway, here's what I currently know how to change in (full version, not demo) BoS recruits:

Name
Bio
Race
SPECIAL Stats
Experience
Colors

Things I can't change include Tags, Traits, Perks, Inventory items, Portraits, or derived stats like Resistances and Critical chances. Does anybody know how to edit these?
Thanx
Phil the pill

Below SPECIAL stats is a bunch of 0's, some of them represent tag skills (kind of a boolean array) - and just below that comes another bool array with traits.

Resistances, perk rate and those are mostly hardcoded (to my knowledge) and linked to race (a robot has a natural >100% resist to both poison and radiation).
Critical chance likewise, but is also affected by luck.

Perks, Inventory items and Portraits - dunno :|

Ps. When you edit race, do your perk rate change - if not then read my second (and first) post in the "singleplay as any race" thread. The bytes I mention there are BTW just after traits...

Back