Everything we know about Mods on Console

NotAcasul

meanie
Copy and pasted from reddit, will put link below.

• "XB1 release this Tuesday, May 31st. Streamers said there is no set time and to not be expecting release at midnight EST. Streamers also said they are "still on track" for next month regarding the release of mods for PS4

• From the main menu of the game a new button "MODS" is in the list of "CONTINUE", "NEW GAME", etc. Hitting that will take you to a BethesdaNet menu where you can search and browse for mods. The interface is kind of reminiscent of Netflix. Very practical. Looks similar to the website which you can view from your computer. Here are all mods currently available for XB1.

• From there you can download/install, favorite, rate and report mods. Game may need a reboot once mods are installed.

• There is currently a max of 2GB on the amount of storage for mods. People in the chat were already complaining about this but the file sizes for mods (which is shown when browsing) don't look too big, most are seemingly under 1MB. The staff who were on the stream also said this may change so cross your fingers for an increase.

• When you install a mod to be used on one of your character saves, the game actually makes a COPY of your character save and installs the mods to that. So if you have a character named Gary and install mods to him, when selecting a character from the load menu you have the option of selecting either "Gary" or "Gary [Mod]". This is useful because:

• Mods disable achievements on both XB1 and PS4 due to Microsoft/Sony's policies about 3rd party content (? I think that's what the streamer said). So you will not be able to earn achievements or trophies when playing as "Gary [M]", only as "Gary".

• Some mod authors have created mods that are dependent on having other mods installed. I saw a mod that changes Cait's appearance that required other mods specific to eyebrow and hair types. There are also mods that require you to own certain DLCs, like a mod that uses assets from Far Harbor.

• Mod authors do this for free and in their spare time. Respect their work and be patient with them. They may not even own consoles but still make mods for you guys. Kudos to them.

• Bethnet has guidelines and restrictions about certain issues. I'm looking for a link to a list of these guidelines but one of them was mentioned on stream: no nude mods allowed on Bethnet. Doesn't appear that console players will be able to use mods that aren't allowed on Bethnet since there's no way around it. PC players can just install it from sites like nexusmods. Here's the only part of the Editor EULA that seems like it has anything to do with restricting the content of mods"
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/4lcyf2/everything_we_know_about_mods_on_console/

Thoughts?

It's nice that consoles will be able to have some mods.

It's too bad the game itself is a disaster. It seems Bethesda is working on everything EXCEPT making a good Fallout RPG.

they don't even hide the most downloaded mod is the one that says it fixes certain bugs. (idk, i didn't really look into it myself)

not that they should hide that.

forgot about doggie backpack. i like doggie backpack.

There's a neat one called... oh what was it, "Vault Tec Historical Preservation Society" or something that changes a few lore inaccuracies like the T-60 soldiers in the pre-war segment being replaced by T-51b, jet references being removed from Vault 95 and so on. Though...Kid in a Fridge is changed by giving Billy and his parents Synth Components. Not sure how I feel about that one.

Edit, this is the one.
https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/753199

Huh. I guess only for PC right now, though.

There's a neat one called... oh what was it, "Vault Tec Historical Preservation Society" or something that changes a few lore inaccuracies like the T-60 soldiers in the pre-war segment being replaced by T-51b, jet references being removed from Vault 95 and so on. Though...Kid in a Fridge is changed by giving Billy and his parents Synth Components. Not sure how I feel about that one.

Edit, this is the one.
https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/753199

Huh. I guess only for PC right now, though.
Here's it on Nexus for all who are pure: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12019/?

Yes.

God bless mods.

I'm sure it will turn out awesome, and will not have a negative impact on the modding community whatsoever. https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/4jwz0i/dear_console_players_please_stop_spamming_modders/

These are snotty little children. I'm a console user, and I've been checking up on the mods, to see what might be heading for the PS4. I'm honestly going to be happy for whatever I can get. Some look pretty promising, even fun. I've been noticing the demanding comments, and all I can say, is that they remind me of awful youtube comments. "wen make fr xb1/ hurY up jeerks!" These ain't adults talking. It's still new, so we're seeing a wild west phase. If Bethesada has any sense, they'll set up some mod rules to end this bad behavior.

As mediocre as Fallout 4 has been so far, I give them some credit for pushing for mods on consoles. That's something I did not think would ever happen. As a company they seem to have a good idea for every three or four bad ones.

These are snotty little children.
Fallout 4 was made for those. It is the target demographic.

How else do you explain the ridiculous "writing" and lack of any role playing or dialogue or quests while simultaneously focusing on shooting and settlement/simscraft.

Last edited:
Honestly, you do have a point. So many companies are jumping on the Minecraft/Sim bandwagon, years behind the curve of course. I suppose I should stop expecting a higher level of maturity.

Back