Fallot set in Europe or Britian

Bloodway

First time out of the vault
I have this idea in my head, what about a Fallout game set in Europe (like Germany, France, etc) or Britain?

Well imagine the possibilities that one of the major factions I've thinking of is the surviving Royal Families being the "Enclave" equivalents who are restoring their empires (or rather restoring the Monarchy or Aristocracy) and perhaps even emulating the Victorian era which symbolizes of "Going back to basics" which was the Industrial Revolution hence you get alot of steampunk material I could imagine since they would reject the Atom-Punk of the Pre-War world which they believe what led us to the Apocalypse to the first place and they believe that sticking to the basics of the Industrial Revolution would "lead us to a better future" or at least what they believe.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Fuck that cesspool of an island.
If we're gonna have a Fallout game on a European island then it has to be Iceland.

Reactions: hag
It's kinda Post-Apocalyptic already, it's frozen and it only has 233.000 inhabitants :P

I suggest Mediterranean, i doubt it would suffer that much nuking, it'd have a share of sea and the rest is a dry landscape for the most part, the kind we gotta love.

After all, California shares climate with it, and we can't adventure into more humid lands, as it destroys the writing or something lol

Well, if they did Iceland then maybe they wouldn't need to scale down their fucking game for once...

Well, if they did Iceland then maybe they wouldn't need to scale down their fucking game for once...

Dear Bethesda:
4457795.jpg

By the way, do you remember all the Fo4 speculation of going underwater/diving mechanics? At the end, Vault 34 was more smart than Dunwich borers, but anyway.
Any setting would have room for that, though. but in Iceland you'd become a stranded icicle in 30 seconds so not viable (Skyrim though)

Enclave base in volcano tho'.
They would fight the BOS' Arctic Base (becouse why the fuck not) and the "Mainland Patriots", a colonial union of northern Europeans (a-Nazis b-NCR c-middle term)
And Ghoulseals, Frostclaws and Goathmin

And ghoul whales. Can't forget about going whaling!
Oh and Iceland got tons of mysticism so more magic.

Oh, you'll find Nord tombs fith Draugrs in it, don't you worry. The "Dragonborn" helm WILL be on it, otherwise Fallout fans will be dissapointed.

SUENCEPTION

I would add a freezing counter, but then i should leave a gazillion heat-stims around so the target audience don't get an aneurysm

Seriously though, Fallout without the 'americana' doesn't feel Fallout to me. Might as well just be any kind of post-apocalyptic game at that point. But if we're going to explore a different country then let's go somewhere more interesting than just "america but slightly different". Let's see a game set in the heart of the amazon forest. Let's see one set in the middle-east. How about India? Otherwise it just feels like wasted potential.

Oh and if it isn't set in an english speaking country and set in like Russia then it needs russian voices with english subtitles.

It can be one hell of a Spinoff, if done right. Technically, the Honest Hearts DLC and Zion were just thinly tied (Ulysses, Legion) to the overall Lore, iirc

Seriously though, Fallout without the 'americana' doesn't feel Fallout to me. Might as well just be any kind of post-apocalyptic game at that point. But if we're going to explore a different country then let's go somewhere more interesting than just "america but slightly different". Let's see a game set in the heart of the amazon forest. Let's see one set in the middle-east. How about India? Otherwise it just feels like wasted potential.

Oh and if it isn't set in an english speaking country and set in like Russia then it needs russian voices with english subtitles.

Like Fallout has to focus on Americana which I think Bethesda has gotten your head.

The main point being that, I would have like to explore Fallout's universe/world to see what else is going on in the otherside...

But it did exist. In the background. That was the point of it. To show a world that is lost to time, mere fragments surviving to remind us of what once was before armageddon wiped the slate clean.

To me it wouldn't feel like a Fallout game without it. Then there are other things that also would be lacking. There would be no power armor. Fewer energy weapons (if any). Some of the drugs would likely not be around either. Certain mutants would be completely gone.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not completely opposed to the idea. But Europe? Ew. What a boring generic place to take the post-apocalyptic setting of Fallout. If we're going outside of the US then I wanna go somewhere that is really alien to western society. Fallout Europe would just feel like regular Fallout except a bunch of shit is missing and the architecture is a bit different.

But it did exist. In the background. That was the point of it. To show a world that is lost to time, mere fragments surviving to remind us of what once was before armageddon wiped the slate clean.

To me it wouldn't feel like a Fallout game without it. Then there are other things that also would be lacking. There would be no power armor. Fewer energy weapons (if any). Some of the drugs would likely not be around either. Certain mutants would be completely gone.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not completely opposed to the idea. But Europe? Ew. What a boring generic place to take the post-apocalyptic setting of Fallout. If we're going outside of the US then I wanna go somewhere that is really alien to western society. Fallout Europe would just feel like regular Fallout except a bunch of shit is missing and the architecture is a bit different.

But still a Fallout Europe would be a nice for a "expanded universe" sort of.

Or another idea is to have a "Deus Ex" style Fallout game where you can visit locations worldwide assuming the means to get there exists at all.

It could be done right.

1 dimensional companions that are defined purely by one trait (but no traits for the PC).
Remove perks altogether, they're way too confusing.
At least 200 painstakingly handcrafted dungeons.
At least 200 endings.
Products named after bombs - can't stress this one enough.
Story revolving around three factions fighting over control of a tiny area, and add a missing family member.
Needs funny melee weapons, 12 year olds love those. Teddy bear staffs, dental floss with toothpick attached etc. to add variety.
15 NPCs in every city that share 3 voice actors.
Accents that shouldn't be there in the first place.

But most of all,
better graphics.

Because it's not a good game without good graphics.

Back