Fallout 1/2 on Android

afornwald

First time out of the vault
!Mutants

Run your Fallout 1/2 on Android with app called 'fo2.exe' (Play Market)

features:
- automated ui (scroll & press)
- free, no ads, no premium content
- high performance

sys. req:
- armv8
- 256Mb+
- android 6.0+

Post your bugs & suggestions.

so.. anyone has balls to try it out on their smartphone?
I've checked, this app indeed is on goolge's playstore, the adress in contacts says it's somewhere in Kiev Ukraine..
on first glance the adress semes legit, it's a multistage flat, went on google maps to street wiev ( pics from 2015) so it's either some homebrew stuff by a skilled fallout fan, or the flat is already long gone, bombed by russians, and it's just another attempt at russian goverment to hack your phone, and potentially milk your bank account of resources.

Anyways I'm not, let's call it, "brave" enaugh, to test this app on my phone, however if any of you has a old smartphone capable of running this and has the balls & urge to test this, then share your results.

I tried playing Baldur's Gate on an iPad and almost broke my fucking eyes. Can't even imagine trying an older RPG on a phone.

Planescape port on the Switch was a decent effort but even there I've just been wrestling with controls the entire time and squinting at the text.

These games are meant for a PC.

Yeah, top-down/isometric games in general weren't really meant for the tiny screen of mobile phones. I'm playing TheoTown right now, and as much as I have fun, I actually struggled looking at things on the small screen, and my smartphone happened to be on the bigger spectrum as well.

I think it would be better for the OG Fallout games to be remastered and sent to current gen consoles before it's put on a mobile device. Like Beamdog did with Baldur's Gate, PS:T and NWN.

I think it would be better for the OG Fallout games to be remastered and sent to current gen consoles before it's put on a mobile device. Like Beamdog did with Baldur's Gate, PS:T and NWN.

If they do I hope they improve the text size, I've played a few PC ports on my Xbox and they really don't consider the player might be sat several feet from the screen. Some console games do this too so its not just ports. I get around it by using the Accessibilty options - basically a magnifying glass on the screen.:smile:

If they do I hope they improve the text size, I've played a few PC ports on my Xbox and they really don't consider the player might be sat several feet from the screen. Some console games do this too so its not just ports. I get around it by using the Accessibilty options - basically a magnifying glass on the screen.:smile:
I could swear I remember seeing an option to increase the text size on the BG ports.

But either way, I agree with you. If you wanna bring those classic CRPGs to a console then you need to add a whole host of accessibility options to make playing on a TV and controller possible.

Back