[Fallout 1.5 Resurrection] Speech skill?

CerberusGate

I should save my game in a whole new slot
I've been playing through Fallout 1.5 and so far, it's been going well. I've already discovered the truth about the player character, discovered who the main antagonists are and found their hideout of sorts so I'm essentially in the late game stages of the game.

Now, I'm trying to deal with the Saviour but I can't seem to resolve the encounter without a fight despite all my attempts to sneak around disguised. I am aware that he recognizes the player but I have been made aware of the possibility of talking him out of his plans to pull of a Master-esque suicide (through videos). I have a Speech of 100+ and an Intelligence of 9, so am I missing something to get the option to appear?

I'll probably grind a little in the surrounding region so that I can get more supplies and experience before trying again.

EDIT: If this is in the wrong forum to post this, please move it to Fallout General Modding...

As far as they say on Ressurection forum, you need yo have any crucial skill no less than at 130. Is your speech a bit lower, by chance? If so, raise it to 130, or higher, then you should be able to convince savior to self-destruct the base. Just do everything else before that, cause if you save during countdown and then load, the countdown will stop (bug) and you will gave to destroy the base otherwise. However, I never got there without a fight, so I haven't tried it out myself, but I'm pretty sure about 130. By the way, having science at 130+ you'll be able to hack the security fields through computer. I had it at 115, and I failed.

Back