Fallout 1 Modding Guide?

GamerPoets

First time out of the vault
I hope this is the correct place to post this. I am new to the forums/site and I have been reading around but as I am also brand new to Fallout 1 it's difficult to figure out what I "should" install and what I "shouldn't". I noticed that the Hi Res patch comes with the Steam download so that threw me off a bit. I ran the patch from the Steam download and it seemed to apply, but I digress as I could ramble for hours and I "just" have a couple of questions for now if anyone cares to respond.

Does anyone know of any specific guides as to:
1. What mods you "should" install to get the most out of Fallout 1 visually and gameplay wise without causing any issues (CTD, broken saves, so on).

2. If there aren't any specific guides would anyone have any mod recommendations and if there is a specific order to install them in? I don't necessarily want to try and mod FO1 as if it was New Vegas but just some basics that you feel "should" be implemented.

I'm hoping to learn how to mod FO1 pretty well so that I can create a basic video guide for it in the future.

Last edited:
Back