Fallout 1 sound fix for (14mm and .223 rifle modified)

Mutated_Mark

First time out of the vault
Greetings,

I'm utterly impressed of how much devoted work has been done to the Fallout games so huge thanks to you all. I shall drop a more detailed thanks later.

Downloaded some fixes and patches for the FO1 game from the Files section since i wanted to play this great game again, but since I couldn't find a fix for the far to loud firearm named 14mm and .223 rifle modified I did one. Maybe this was addressed in later cummunity fixes since I learnt I haven't played with the latest version or it is so minor that only I am annoyed by that to loud weapon sound (compared to all other sounds). Played the v1.2 Fallout 1.

What I did? Simply took another pistol sound and renamed that one so the original isn't played. Had trouble to convert the file back into the .ACM file format so I came up with that solution. Not much but it took some work finding out the correct file to be adjusted, this time you can save with my sound fix.

Did a search and nothing popped up, so if its not completely useless to you and maybe one of you likes to have it I uploaded it. Infact I have uploaded it already in the files section but it doesn't show up...

What hoster is allowed to be posted here? So I can share properly.

edit 12/30/2012
###
just installed the fixt alpha 5.3 and searched for the file in question named "WAE1XXX1.ACM" and it is there (means extracted and probably altered) so the issue mentioned in my post is probably fixed already... well i couldn't know since i wasn't aware of this mod project.
:)

I play Fo1 with TeamX 1.3.5 and I want to get 223 pistol sound fixed (make it like in Fo2, no earrape). How can I proceed?

I play Fo1 with TeamX 1.3.5 and I want to get 223 pistol sound fixed (make it like in Fo2, no earrape). How can I proceed?
I found the fix posted by the OP, in the Drobovik Fallout Database:

Extract the “FO1_pistol_sound_patch” folder somewhere, and take a look at the text file for the installation instructions.

Back