Fallout 1 - The Gun Runners wont leave after I cleared out the Deathclaws.

CoffeAndTV8

First time out of the vault
I completed the mission, returned to the boss, got the 1000 exp, he says they'll be gone in two days. I waited two days, they're still there, and if I talk to him again, I go through the same dialogue as I did when I first completed the mission, and I get the 1000 exp again. And I can do this over and over, they won't leave no matter how long I wait and every time I talk to him, I get the 1000 exp.

Which would be great if I wanted to cheat but I don't really want that, I'd rather the endless supply of guns and ammo that he promised me.

My earliest save was whilst fighting the Deathclaws, and I even reloaded it, completed the mission again, and it's still bugged.

Done some googling and can't find anything. Does anyone know if there's a way around this bug? I just want them to leave and recieve my payment.

I'm playing the Steam version by the way, if that makes a difference.

Cheers!

Last edited:
You need to kill the Deathclaw Mother (and her eggs) in the basement to complete the quest. If you kill only the surface Deathclaws, Gabriel will tell you to wait a day or two to see if they come back. If you get the mother, his dialogue will be totally different and you can complete the quest by talking to him on the same day.

and if you done all that, i guess your game is bugged, and i hope someone helps you! i've had this trouble too, and had to restart it all... sorry i can't help

Back