Fallout 2 RP (?) crashes when I reach level 9

Autumnsolstice

First time out of the vault
Hello!
I know that this is probably not the right place to post this but I'm not sure if this issue is caused by something specific in Fallout 2 or it's because of the mod, please pardon me since this is my first time here on these forums.
I never played Vanilla fallout.

I've recently got inspired to play Fallout 2 after spending last summer no-lifing New Vegas. I installed it and, as some people recommended, installed Restoration Project (and also Weapons Redone because it makes gunplay much better.)

Several hours later I found myself at level 8. Now, whenever I gain enough EXP to reach level 9, the level up sound plays and the game crashes to desktop with the error "Instruction at 11028182 referenced memory at 00000001. The memory could not be read from."
I'm not the best at troubleshooting but I tried several things to pin-point what causes this to make sure it's related to leveling up:

-I tried to level up in different ways. The first time I experienced these crashes was in Redding mines. As soon as I got EXP from killing Wanamingos to level up, the game crashed.
-I went back to an older save where I didn't even go to Redding and went to Mordoc instead. Back then, I was level 7. I did enough quests to level to 8, and after that some more to get to 9. When I got enough EXP to reach level 9 by completing Mordoc questline, the game crashed.
-I deduced that this has nothing to do with the map or how you earn the EXP, but EXP itself. I checked the debug file and found out that the sounds play just fine and... I don't know what else to say?
-I assumed it had something to do with companions. I had Sulik, Vic, and that girl from Mordoc whose name starts with M.)
-I killed Vic then went to get EXP. The game still crashed.
-I didn't try to kill every companion because... Come on, they help a lot.
-I installed Killap's patch. I couldn't play my save games and I uninstalled it and reinstalled Restoration project.
-I didn't try to reinstall fallout 2 because I think the installation went smoothly.

"You have returned the watch to Cornelius.Loading sound file monitor.ACM...succeeded.

You have resolved the dispute between Cornelius and Farrel.Loading sound file monitor.ACM...succeeded.
Loading sound file levelup.ACM...succeeded.

partyMemberIncLevels: Vic
pm: levelMod: 1, Lvl: 5, Early: 0, Every: 4"

Any help please? I mean, I could reinstall fallout 2 cleanly if someone suggests mods that I should and y'know, but I would be devastated if I play that much again just for the game to crash when I reach level 9. I'm enjoying it a lot (I love old school CRPGs) and I badly wanna get to the endings.

Last edited:
Back