Fallout 2 UPU & RPU release v22 and new Cassidy voice endorsed by MCA

The_Proletarian

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
Staff member
Admin

@burn has updated UPU and RPU to v22. Information on the new version of UPU can be found here and RPU here.

A new addition to both is the new voice for the Cassidy talking head by forum member @slick liquid as a separate mod. The new voice has been endorsed by non other than Chris Avellone!

Chris Avellone said:
One of the best parts of fan mod projects (in this case, the Fallout 2 Restoration Project) is hearing additions we never had time or budget for - like Cassidy getting his own voice actor, courtesy of Joey Bracken (
@stillliquid
). #Fallout Great stuff!

Now could probably be a good time to replay Fallout 2!

Last edited:
Yup - that's Cass' father alright. She didn't just get her love of whiskey from him. Fantastically done!

It's great that avellone liked it and even more that the patch/restoration mods arent dead. May the patch keep going in the years to come.

Thanks Proletaren for posting the news.

Not to sound unthankful to the original attempt but that Cassidy voiceover is definitely better than the previous one, sounds much more like how you would expect Cassidy to sound IMO. Only problem is that the uhh... volume? or inflection of the voice doesn't actually fit the talking head's mouth movements that well. On the talking head he's barely opening his mouth in that video to speak but the voice actor's interpretation of the dialogue is a lot... mouthier.

The voice work is definitely better than the original, but I don’t think this new one sounds quite as gruff, old and badass as I always imagined Cassidy to be. His voice is just a little too clean and high pitched.

Back