Fallout 4 is like?.....

Sn1p3r187

Carolinian Shaolin Monk
The Sequel to Fallout 3 is like?.....

Now I haven't played Fallout 4 yet, but from what I've heard and seen some say it's better than 3 but still kinda sucks. So I'll draw up my own comparison here.

Fallout 4 is like the overhyped younger sister of the girl you wanted to date in high school that everybody keeps talking about but nearly the same things come up when you compare the two. She has less bugs than her sister but the options of what you can do with her is limited an she has less variety (dialogue and weapons), to the point that she doesn't feel like her sister anymore and you would've thought the two weren't related. Says she's nothing like her sister but she never learned from the mistakes she made.

What do you think is a good comparison here for Fallout 4 to anything of your liking?

To me fallout 4 is the shallow cheerleader girl that everybody talks about. Shallow people regard her as the epitome of coolness while everybody else pities her for being such a sad, flawed and uninteresting human being.

Fallout 4 is that guy you used to know and were best friends with back in day, He did awesome shit and you and him did almost everything together. Then he split a part from you for whatever reason and then fallout 4 comes along aka your friend and he is addicted to meth.

Fuck you bethesda.

Fallout 4 is that guy you used to know and were best friends with back in day, He did awesome shit and you and him did almost everything together. Then he split a part from you for whatever reason and then fallout 4 comes along aka your friend and he is addicted to meth.

Fuck you bethesda.
Hahahahahahaahaha Oh dear god that was the funniest one yet! Lol Oh that cold and true but funny.

Fallout 4 is like going to a restaurant, the appetizer is garbage, the main course is just filling and the dessert is literally shit. (Shamefully stolen from smudboy Mass Effect Extended Cut review)

Fuck you bethesda.

I do say that this one is a pretty funny comparison but sad to see what this series has become sadly.

Fuck you bethesda.

That is strangely accurate.

I'm a very anti-drug person in real life so I doubt I'd be able to accept that "old friend" as being the person that I once knew. I know Obsidian could probably get him in to rehab if he'd accept it but I don't got high hopes for him to stay clean. :/

Moving on is the best choice but I'll wait around and see how the rehab goes first. Although from what I've heard this is his second relapse..

Fallout 4 is like Skyrim... With guns!

(Im not a smart funny man like you guys, im sorry)

No you are right. It is Skyrim with guns. Shit the same bugs from Skyrim are even in this game. :mad:
...and more bugs added to the game that didn't migrate from Skyrim. Like a fuck-ton of them I have encountered, like the wonderful "stuck to the terminal after leaving said terminal screen" bug. Sorry my experience has left me bitter especially since a super mutant wants me to give him a...cure? Did I hear that right or did someone put something in my drink?

I finally picked up this game and I can say without a doubt this game is like Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel for Xbox/PS2

It's an action game with some lock picking/hacking and persuasion options. Now I love the fallout universe and I'd be fine if this was a side story fallout but a main numbered entry in the series? Ridiculous.

I think this game was also pretty quickly made with the insane amount of bugs. I've experienced all the weird glitches and crashes you've either encountered yourself or seen on youtube. There's no way that years could have been spent in making this thing. There's simply not enough content in the game world to justify such a long development.

To be honest I wouldn't be okay with this even if it was just a side story, it has removed a lot of what made Fallout...you know..Fallout. Maybe it's just me.

To be honest I wouldn't be okay with this even if it was just a side story, it has removed a lot of what made Fallout...you know..Fallout. Maybe it's just me.

It's definitely not you. If you took every company brand (Vault-Tec, Poseidon Oil, West Tek, etc.) that was in the original Fallout out of the game, changed the title to something else, I would assume it was made by the same creators as the Elder Scrolls or something like that.

I'm not saying Fallout 4 is a bad game - I'm not one of the majority here who started with the original Fallouts, either. In fact, Fallout 4 remains as one of my favourite modern games. But what it has in common with the first two games are completely arbitrary and on the label.

is like Borderlands with worse voice acting.

*And less funny. Fallout 4 is like Borderlands with worse voice acting and less effective humor.

And more loading zones. And bugs. And absolutely no self-awareness. And no understanding of what its franchise is. Or its setting. Or what the word satire means.

But they are absolutely identical in that both are loosely veiled justifications to compel the player to endlessly shoot things. And both are cherished by a large fan base because they're mindless entertainment.

Last edited:
It is the thing they have to give you in exchange for your money, after you purchased their marketing campaign.
According to their lawyer, the marketing campaign itself doesn't equate to a game, so they have to put something else on the steam key.

It is the thing they have to give you in exchange for your money, after you purchased their marketing campaign.
According to their lawyer, the marketing campaign itself doesn't equate to a game, so they have to put something else on the steam key.

That's actually exactly what Halo 5's (A game which was accurately derided for lying in its marketing) marketing some guy said on a gaming talk show. "The measure of success for a marketing campaign isn't how well it reflects its product, its how many copies it sells."

It feels like almost every major AAA game that is being released or developed these days, it tries to visually impress you and show all kinds of tricks and gimmicks that might feel new and exciting at first, but when you start playing it you come to realize that it is a very shallow experience making the repetition of certain actions and how tiresome it is more blatant.
Most of all, you realize that it no longer has the the 'heart' that made you interested and feel involved in this world and the personalities that inhabit it, only occasionally showing you glimpses of what could have been.

(I honestly think the Institute and its Synths, the Minutemen, and the Railroad could have worked if handled by better writers)

Now it feels like an even weaker version of Fallout 3 which was already a pale shadow of Fallout 1 and 2 mixed with Oblivion.

Back