Fallout 4 Review Embargo Countdown

MattEnth

First time out of the vault
Hey everyone,

OpenCritic is a review aggregation website, kinda like Rotten Tomatoes for video games. We just started our countdown timer for Fallout 4's reviews, which you can view here:

opencritic .com/#!game/1508/fallout-4

(I can't post URLs, so you'll have to delete the space between opencritic and .com)

The embargo lifts on November 9th at 5am PST.

Last edited:
It will be 10/10 GOTY from the big sites anyway, so whatever. It's mostly just to keep the hype-machine going.

Exactly. Why bother? We already know that the scores for this game are going to be high. Most "critics" and "journalist" are payed hype machines so its not necessary. I can already see the "reviews" now:

IGN 10/10 - "I jizzed myself with excitement!"
Kotaku 10/10 - "The most amazing experience of my life!"
Gamespot 10/10 - "The most defining RPG of our generation!"
Game Informer 10/10 - "Greatest RPG EVAH"
Feminist Frequency 0/10 - "How come your allowed to play as both genders? You should only be allowed to play as a female! This game is sexist!" :razz:

Last edited:
You know, for a bunch of screaming banshees that demand equality they sure as hell do not understand what it means or its concept. I mean, I can kill guys left and right in most games, most enemies in games are male, there is also a ton of female gamers that look at male characters as eye candy or play things but its not okay for men to kill a female raider who is trying to kill them or to see female characters as eye candy? WTF?

Anyway back on topic to what is going to be the inevitable high reviews for Fallout 4 by payed "critics".

Oh it's going to be positive and it is the best Fallout ever!!! Improving so much on Fallout 3 and making us all forget about the 'clunkiness' of Fallout New Vegas, a brave attempt that was never as good as the game it was based on.
That sort of bullshit.

I honestly think us gamers should start do something more against these review embargoes other than complaining, I see a problem that will become bigger over the years if allowed to continue.
If companies like Bethesda can not deal with criticism, perhaps they should look into another type of market then.

The Dutch ghost. They literally sent the copies of Fallout 4 to reviewers 3 days ago. How could anyone even play enough of the game before the 9th to give a review?

Besides the 9th is still 2 days in advance so everyone can cancel their pre order if the game turns out to be crap.

I don't think twenty-four hours is enough for some people. Not everyone checks game review sites or magazines every day.
A lot of people are just busy for most part of it with work, household, family and so on.

Plus after five days a gamer has gotten a general impression of a game, its gameplay, mechanics, and in this case campaign and quests.
Perhaps it does require longer to get enough experience but after four or five days you can start writing impression pieces.
That is something we have not had in the months before the release of Fallout 4, any general impression pieces from journalists and/or invited gamers.

Compare that to the pre release of Fallout 3 and New Vegas during which we did learn a lot of information about both of these games, enough to give people an idea if they would like them or not.

Back