Fallout 76 news

Hassknecht

For hate's sake.
Staff member
Admin
Board Cop oTO
Orderite
To the few Fallout 76 players here, Bethesda announced a few things at E3.
First is a free update called Expiditions: The Pitt, promising the player to go back to the one marginally good place of Fallout 3, The Pitt.

Why is it already called The Pitt? Who knows, but surely Bethesda will treat this one single decent aspect of their own lore with care and respect.

Also, the DLC "Steel Reign" is set to release next month.

Hey. . .remember The PITT! GUYS! THE PITT REMEMBER IT!!!! DO YOU!

Since people are going back to that crap they will obviously have to deal with Trogs who sprung up from the ground in the last 15 years. also ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS!

Oh yeah, while we're at it, here's the reveal trailer for the "Steel Reign" DLC.

Some guy on Youtube noticed that one of the voiceovers sounds a bit like the Master.
Let's hope that doesn't happen.

It's not the Master, it's some scientist named Blackburn from the first part of the BOS story expansion. Voiced by the same dude who voiced Joshua Graham. I wouldn't put it past Bethesda to do something like that, but for now I doubt it.

The Pitt? Isn't FO75 like a decade after the nukes? The Pitt became The Pitt after 200 years.

So is FO76 still set on the same year at this point or are they like doing time skips with the expansions?

I think Wastelanders are set a year after players kill the BBB (Big Bad Bat), so these are probably set further down the line.

Someone more versed in lore of 76 could correct me if I'm wrong.

You’re correct, Wastelanders is a year after the launch game, Steel Dawn is within the same year as Wastelanders, and Steel Reign is also within the same year. For the Expeditions, I really couldn’t say. We’ll see later down the road.

So did Ashur coin the term “The Pitt” because I don’t really remember a lot of the background lore for that area, other than the Brotherhood came through on their way to DC and decided to kill a bunch of raiders for the experience points or something.

I believe the city was thrown immediately into anarchy following the war with Raider gangs controlling their own territory and tearing each other apart in all out war. Ashur didn’t coin the name, it’s always been the Pitt from what I can remember. But Ashur did kind of give the city a new “golden age” or whatever

It does seem kind of silly that the sign saying "Welcome to Pittsburgh" rused and wore down for the first 25 years after the War and has since been exactly the same level of rusty. Also trogs existing 25 years after the war sort of takes away some of the magic, that things have just always been this way. I found it more interesting to think that trog syndrome emerged after decades if not a century of leaking industrial waste.

And i'm guessing that they're going to do a retcon that the reason the scoruing of the pitt or whatever happened is because some sooper special brotherhood tech was left behind that Lyon's needs. Maybe they'll make it a Liberty Prime prototype so they can continue to beat that dead horse.

So.. its the Enclave.. again. Notice the patch on the arm of the pilot. Also the pipboy hand guy who got dragged away seemed to be wearing an appalachian enclave officer uniform. But why are they in Pittsburgh? Because there is no reason for them to be there yet. They should probably still be on the oil rig plotting and incesting.

So.. its the Enclave.. again. Notice the patch on the arm of the pilot. Also the pipboy hand guy who got dragged away seemed to be wearing an appalachian enclave officer uniform. But why are they in Pittsburgh? Because there is no reason for them to be there yet. They should probably still be on the oil rig plotting and incesting.
76 base game already established that there was a seperate branch of the Enclave in the Whitesprings (Greenbriar) bunker. I guess some of them surtvived the events of the pre-game and went to Pittsburgh for its industrial capacity. So I guess it's going to be now that the trogs were actually an Enclave experiment gone awry rather than the result of industrial toxins.

Hell, it'll probably be FEV responsible for the trogs because Bethesda is too inept to come up with anything original.

Lol is all I can muster. This is what getting old feels like. If I was a dumb 12 year old in 2021 I might think it was cool if I had friends.

Back