Fallout 76 Prediction Game

TerminallyChill

Be excellent to each other.
Alright, so tomorrow night we will finally be getting official confirmation on just what the hell this whole 'Fallout 76' thing is about. To pass the time, let's play a little game. The rules are simple, post a list of every individual feature you believe will be included (or excluded) from the new spinoff. Come Sunday, we'll check back and give ourselves points for every time we were right, as well as subtract a point for every time we were wrong. Highest score wins.

Included:

Creation Club
Microtransactions
Co-Op Mode
Crafting
Scrapping
Settlement Building
Unlimited Level Cap
Ghouls
The Enclave
SPECIAL
Radiant Quests
Perks
A Season Pass
Pip-Boy Phone App
Cheap Plastic Pip-Boy Accessory
West Virginia

Excluded:

Voiced protagonist
Skills
Traits
Traditional V.A.T.S.
Four Button Hidden Dialogue Interface

Last edited:
Technically this is more content than features but I hope it qualifies under what you mean.

Shitloads of raiders who outnumber the normal population.
Robots still running around despite years without maintenance or survivors seeking to dismantle them for parts or reprogramming them to perform useful tasks.
"legendary" armor and weapons that will be dropped by "mutating" enemies
People living in scrap hovels and tents despite that just meters away from them there are buildings that apparently are still structural sound.
People wasting their time on trivial issues like collecting Nuka Cola or roleplaying Hollywood 20s style gangsters when the game keeps telling that trying to survive is the priority to most people in general.
Salvagers ignoring many places that are still full of useful things that can be used or recycled.
People still paranoid about communists despite that China was wiped out during the war and any possible Chinese survivors in the US probably focusing on survival these days as well.
More "wacky" Vaults.

Radio station with annoying host that is gonna play "Country Roads" so many times you'll throw up when you'll hear it next time

Lots of different factions you can't interact with

Feral ghouls and fridges

Aliens

Some new type of power armour for the cover

BoS and/or Enclave

Some side characters from FO3 and 4 you propably forgot even existed (but they'll try so hard to foreshadow what happens to them, so if you meet Roy Philips he'll say that he hates people living in towers)

Even less cool weapons and more pipe guns

New old pip-boy

Workshop DLCs

Some good and some bad companions with that broken affinity system

More EVUL pre-war companies

Skeletons and teddy bears in funny poses

^^^
Yep, pretty much that.

>Even less cool weapons and more pipe guns

Hmm, I would make that "less regular weapons"

Coop AND PvP

You think it's going to have PVP, Hassknecht? I remember hearing that Fallout 4's engine was unstable when used for multiplayer. Maybe a workaround was discovered.

Good predictions so far though, everybody. I can (unfortunately) see a lot of this happening.

You think it's going to have PVP, Hassknecht? I remember hearing that Fallout 4's engine was unstable when used for multiplayer. Maybe a workaround was discovered.

Good predictions so far though, everybody. I can (unfortunately) see a lot of this happening.
Fallout 4's engine is unstable even when it's singleplayer. Not like Bethesda cares.

^^^^^
Very probable, hence why I think all lore outside Fallout 1, 2, New Vegas (and perhaps Tactics) should be ignored.
I already ignore everything from Bethesda Fallout games. Which might be weird when i bitched about Mothership Zeta making aliens canon, but that is still fucking stupid regardless if i ignore it or not.

I think they're gonna try to retcon a lot of established lore from Fallout 1 and 2 because they think they'll be able to get away with it.

I.E. BoS, Enclave, and Super Mutants on the East Coast

As far as I know, the east coast Super Mutants have already been explained as coming from Vault 87 in Bethesdout history. The Brotherhood of Steel will likely be foreshadowed but I think the writers will focus on the Enclave this time around.

Very probable, hence why I think all lore outside Fallout 1, 2, New Vegas (and perhaps Tactics) should be ignored.

I already ignore everything from Bethesda Fallout games. Which might be weird when i bitched about Mothership Zeta making aliens canon, but that is still fucking stupid regardless if i ignore it or not.

Exactly. Just because some company bought a franchise's name and made some thoughtless "official" sequels doesn't suddenly erase the genius works created by people like Tim Cain, Josh Sawyer, Chris Avellone, and so many others. Any morons could have paid for the Fallout license. Fallout 4 is just like The Phantom Menace in my eyes. In other words, what the hell is The Phantom Menace?

C'mon @Norzan and @Danuis, I know you guys both have at least one guess for what might be in this game. Imagine how hilarious it will be when we preemtively describe something ludicrous only to find out it's 100% true later.

Speaking of which, I guarantee at some point Todd Howard is going to play up the fact that they 'listened to the community' and decided to go back to the old dialogue system with full statements and no voice. Because you know, they care. Not because it's cheaper to do that way or anything.

Back