Fallout 76: The Pitt

Ape Fighting Vehicle

It Wandered In From the Wastes

Is it just me, or does it seem like a real damned misguided DLC for any Fallout game?

"Oh, the Pitt was great because it had X, and Y, and Z in it! Let us make a DLC taking place 200 years before the events that made it stand out, and have X, Y and Z in it again! Nothing's changed!"

Is it just me, or does it seem like a real damned misguided DLC for any Fallout game?

"Oh, the Pitt was great because it had X, and Y, and Z in it! Let us make a DLC taking place 200 years before the events that made it stand out, and have X, Y and Z in it again! Nothing's changed!"

Because "it just works" that's why! :smug:

But in all seriousness, yeah I don't get why they even consider this a good idea, or the fact that people are hyped up about this one. What makes it worse is what the actual DLC is like, it's yet another run and gun according to people who played it with early access. (TKS-MANTIS for example)

Because The Pitt was one of the best DLC's they ever did for Fallout. Even then it was mediocre which really speaks to their ability.

Like, all the people that are critical to recent Bethesda iterations of Fallout kinda know why this is the vibe they are going for (or at least my impression is), and that is that Bethesda is too dependent on the tropes that made Fallout unique to begin with. That is why lore is changed and possibility is stretched thin to justify the BoS in Fallout 76 and Fallout, as well as Supermutants. Black Isle had the good sense to at least make some things different from F1 to F2 - but Bethesda doesn't real seem to like the idea to innovate and change the themes and visuals of the game.

But maybe then everyone would be mad at them all the same, just for different reasons.

I think Fallout 4 was different enough and Fallout 76 was different enough. They just were not good Fallout RPG's. 76 was a better RPG actually from what I have read and watched and that is sad.

76 was a better RPG actually from what I have read and watched and that is sad.

giphy_s.gif

I honestly can't comprehend that to be a fact, seriously I flipping REFUSE to believe that's true Toronto!
:jawdrop:

It's true! I do not feel like browsing that tainted Codex thread to post info about how it is true when compared to 4 though. Still not worth buying.

I think Fallout 4 was different enough and Fallout 76 was different enough. They just were not good Fallout RPG's. 76 was a better RPG actually from what I have read and watched and that is sad.
Yeah 76 is really better than 4. Once you get higher levels and have access to more "perks" you can see that it's a bit deeper than Fallout 4 was. Sure, it's not what most OG fans will want but that's still something.

Yeah Pitt was one of the better DLCs they did and then didn't take opportunity off of. No super mutants, no Brotherhood of Steel, etc. New mutants, new factions, distinct identity that made more sense of why it was still a shithole but yet they were manufacturing steel still or whatever. Been years since I played it but it's probably one of the best things Bethesda has done Fallout wise and it should have been expanded on more.

I've yet to do the Pitt expansion in 76 but I think it's just going up there to fight late game enemies for late game rewards. Y'all gotta realize this game is more of a Fallout skinned quasi-MMO on the Fallout 4 engine and assets. I wouldn't take it too seriously, especially lore-wise. Speaking of which, they didn't include Jet in 76 which is funny since Fallout 4 was purely contradicting Jet's prior information. Instead the in-game model for Jet is a drug that rids you of addictions.

\I wouldn't take it too seriously, especially lore-wise. Speaking of which, they didn't include Jet in 76 which is funny since Fallout 4 was purely contradicting Jet's prior information. Instead the in-game model for Jet is a drug that rids you of addictions.
Notably though it does include a holotape of yokels getting high huffing cow shit

Back