Fallout Easter Eggs

Odin

Carbon Dated and Proud
Admin
In this thread you can post any easter eggs you've found in either Fallout 1 or 2, remember to write which game and an description.

If the easter egg depends on your character stats or other unique situations, please be sure to add it in to your post.

Has ANYONE figured out what the F*** the Easter Egg does in Fallout 2?!?

Also did anyone else discover that if you used a hacked character with high science skill/intelligence that when you access the computer at the Gecko plant you can engage in a conversation with an Enclave member who will eventually threaten you and said a verti-bird with an extermination squad? You can only really do it by cheating 'cause its early in the game and you need a really smart character.

Sincerely,
The Vault Dweller

You don't need a hacked character, though I've never managed to get him to actually send the squad.
I assumed it was an unfinished plot device.

The_Vault_Dweller said:
Has ANYONE figured out what the F*** the Easter Egg does in Fallout 2?!?

According to both the Bible and the reality it just lies there in the pot. According to some rumours and the Bible a Chicken NPC was supposed to hatch from it, but it never made it into the game.

Commissar Lauren said:
Big_T_UK said:
I've never managed to get him to actually send the squad.

Equip the ring.

The assault team never arrives.

The ring joke is getting old.

What the hell does the carkey you find in fallout 1 in the military base do? I spent days searching for things to open it with without success. My friend even said he bought a car from the special encounter with the car salesman and even if I knew he was lying I just had to be sure.

Big_T_UK said:
I said:
I assumed it was an unfinished plot device.
Silencer said:
The assault team never arrives.
Yeah, as I say, I'd already figured that much out.
I've figured you'd figured, I was just clarifying the point - from your message it seemed that you might have not made him say that he's sending the team, which is by all means possible (IIRC, it's been a while since I've seen this particular dialogue). The Comm Officer says that the team's been sent, but it never has any repercussions in Gecko, nor anywhere else, right?

I'm sure that's your point too.

Thanks guys.

By the way I always wanted to bring up the part about the sqaud being sent to Gecko...I secretly hoped if they actually came I could defeat them in combat and comandeer a functioning verti-bird...that would kick-ass! It made me think maybe I could go off the coast and find some hidden island...just a dream.

Sincerely,
The Vault Dweller

I was replaying FO1 last nite, and happend to get a holodisk from the glow.

Upon rereading it I noticed something Id seen in another game.........

FO1vampireeasteregg.gif

Is that Camerrilla or Camerrillo, I cant quite tell.

Also, it has a mention of Gehena. Is that an actual word, or is it limited to the vampire universe ?

Note: Im playing a version that Corpse moded, but I think he left most stuff like that alone.

It says Camarillo, and the Vampire the Masquerade term is Camarilla. Gehenna is a term from the bible, IIRC.

But nice find, nonetheless.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gehenna

There you have it.

Muslims would speak of it as a place of torment for sinners, so it's quite close to this definition.

I believe Sheol is the word for Hell in hebrew (or rather, the Afterlife, but I may be wrong, it's quitte ambigous and I'm not an expert on that)

EDIT: OK, so actually Gehenna would roughly correspond to Hell and Sheol to Afterlife....

Camarilla is a real world too, http://www.hyperdictionary.com/dictionary/camarilla although it's mostly associated with WoD in certain circles

I'm not sure if it's an easter egg but in the install option on both fallout 1 and 2 there is the "humogous installation" this might a reference to lord humongous in Mad Max 2...

Nope, it's just part of the progression.

Small. (only the necessary executables)
Medium. (add menu graphics, and many graphics that are used often)
Large. (add nearly everything, but music, and files not used as often)

Humongous. (full contents of cd)

The reason for it was that harddrives weren't as large back then, and not everybody had drives over two gigabytes.

As far fetched as it is, it's not impossible, Dove.

After all, why isn't it a 'full installation' or 'complete' ? ;)

Maybe it's because "super-size" wasn't as widely used back then. :D

Back