Fallout First - A new way to displease customers?

Crni Vuk

M4A3 Oldfag oTO
Orderite

So I havn't seen someone commenting on this.

It seems many thought Fallout 76 for one or the other reason would become at some point a Free2play game. But apparently that's not what Bethesda under Todd Howard has in plan. From what it seems they want to make a new kind of subscription model for their game. A model based on Tiers or something where you get different experiences the more you pay.

There has been some controversy about this. To say the least. Particularly as it seems that some information has been leaked out that suggest they want to go even further.

*I didn't see there was already a topic about this I guess this one can be deleted.

Last edited:
I didn't watch the video but I probably don't need to watch it to know what's in it.

It seems many thought Fallout 76 for one or the other reason would become at some point a Free2play game. But apparently that's not what Bethesda under Todd Howard has in plan.

Other than buying the base game it is "free to play". Bethesda hasn't (to my knowledge) said the game won't someday be completely free. It sells for $10-20 in many stores and many others don't even carry it now. I am still sort of expecting it to become free at some point.

From what it seems they want to make a new kind of subscription model for their game. A model based on Tiers or something where you get different experiences the more you pay.

There's not really a "tiered" model (if tiered means there's several paid levels of subscription). You can play the free game or pay for the "premium" service which comes with private servers, unlimited stash space and monthly atoms. Whether premium is worth the money is entirely up to the player. You do not need premium to play. I do not have premium and I'm still playing. It does not affect my life in anyway. There is no paywall that prevents me from experiencing the game's content. The game is not "pay to play".

There has been some controversy about this. To say the least. Particularly as it seems that some information has been leaked out that suggest they want to go even further.

What was the information that was "leaked"?

ew
aye10.png

I found that appeasing people is impossible and in words of a youtube channel who keeps zooming in their edits for C O M E D Y ''Try to please everyone and you'll end up making NO one happy, your wife always wants more jewelry, your brother always more of your wife, and your vizier always wants more land''
People don't want something they will enjoy just no brainers and feel good accomplishments of visual novel style games with imaginary grillfriends to daydream your existence away. And absolutely companies won't waste time trying to create something when they could just use the ''remake'' excuse to recycle games you played as a kid. Consult this instructional video. Don't take my word for anything

Whatever even at such a young age I'm over games. But i still won't lie an edgy game like cry of fear and the western equivalent game like doki doki is my favorite ever.

Back