Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - Nuka Cola Truck doesn't have caps anymore

Niko G

First time out of the vault
Someone else did create a thread about this specific problem, but they put it in the General Fallout Discussion forum by mistake. So I am creating a new one here, as I cannot find any others. I believe this is the proper place to post, as this is concerning a bug in Fallout Fixt, and not the official game release.

So I am currently playing Fallout on my Windows 10 computer, which was installed with GOG.com. The only mod I am using is Fallout Fixt 0.81a (Full version with all changes).

Recently I started a new file and I rather quickly found the Nuka-Cola Truck special encounter. This was nice, as it was early in the game and I had never found this encounter any other time I played. With my LK 9 character, I should have scored 8,443 caps. And yet when I looked in the crate beside the truck to my shock I only found 33 bottles of Nuka Cola. That's worth 99 caps! Yippee!

I understand that the Nuka Cola bottles were an addition that came with Fallout Fixt, which makes since, as an overturned Nuka Cola truck would obviously have bottles of Nuka Cola. But apparently when the bottles were added, the caps were removed by mistake! There is no mention of this bug anywhere on Fallout Wiki or anywhere else so I believe Fallout Fixt is the issue. I am not the only person to have this problem either, so I do not believe my computer is to blame.

Now this is hardly a game breaking bug, but since the whole purpose of Fallout Fixt is to fix the buggy Fallout experience, I hope there is a fix for this. I don't know if there is a simple thing I can do on my end, or do I just hope that Fallout Fixt gets another release that resolves the issue? Or maybe I am mistaken about Fallout Fixt being what is causing it?

It's a bug by Fixt, and the problem is here:
Code:
LVar2 := (LVar2 * (has_trait(0, dude_obj, 20) * global_var(FORTUNE_FINDER_HOW_MUCH)));// how many caps, double if Fortune Finder

8443 (caps) * 0 (no Fortune Finder perk) * 2 (Fixt standard modifier) = 0.

This is in multiple scripts and the reason why I reverted / removed all of this stuff in ettu.

There is no way to fix that for you unless you reload, pick the Fortune Finder perk somehow, and then get the encounter again.

I think Fixit over played its hand, too many unnecessary extra's, things that don't actually improve the game.

I think Fixit over played its hand, too many unnecessary extra's, things that don't actually improve the game.

I thoroughly disagree. Most of the changes brought by Fallout Fixt were godsends (making all of the good endings actually obtainable, allowing teammates to use a larger variety of weapons and armor, allowing you to tell your teammates to get out of your way, etc). The other changes were cutesy little things that didn't at all detract from the experience, such as putting the children back in, and being able to find a Vault Boy doll worth 300 caps in the ruins of Vault 15. I would never recommend playing Fallout 1 without at least using Fixt in it's Purist mode. This Nuka Cola Truck problem is the first time I have found a bug that was ironically created by Fixt. Up until this point the only problem I had with Fixt was that it didn't do enough to increase the rate of Special and Random Encounters when traveling on the overhead map.

still so many people using Fixt over EtTu... saddens me too see every time.

I will sheepishly admit that I haven't even played Fallout 2 yet! I understand that it is a greatly improved experience over it's predecessor with so much more going for it, but I wanted to beat Fallout 1 in its Fixt form first. I managed to somehow slog through Fallout 1 in it's original unmodded buggy form and was given a final kick to the balls when I discovered that several of the good endings could not be achieved due to bugs! My OCD completionist mind was furious! Shortly afterwards I discovered Fixt and I never looked back. Afterward when I discovered Fallout Et Tu, I was like "Huh, the original Fallout with Fallout 2's engine. Neat. Maybe next time, after I have beaten Fallout Fixt and played Fallout 2".

However, if I am a fool for such a decision, and Fallout Et Tu is truly a superior experience that fixes the problems I mentioned and more, I will leave Fixt in the dust.

Being a ex-long time player of FIXT, yep, I can confirm this bug happened to me all the times I found this special encounter.

Just use Et Tu for now. It fix it this bug, along with many others. Besides, there is support, unlike FIXT.

Being a ex-long time player of FIXT, yep, I can confirm this bug happened to me all the times I found this special encounter.

Just use Et Tu for now. It fix it this bug, along with many others. Besides, there is support, unlike FIXT.

I falsely assumed that Fixt was still being actively worked on. Maybe next time I will try Et Tu. Now that I know there is nothing I can do (other than wasting a perk), I will just live with the bug, as it is so small in the scheme of the game. I have so many caps by the end that I cannot even carry them in my inventory. I have to use my teammates inventory!

Yea that's what I feel, people blindly picking Fixt while EtTu still being updated to this day. As pixote wrote Fixt introduced stuff that arnt fixes anymore and are beyond the scope of a true unofficial patch. Also in the process breaking stuff again. Think Fixt need to make room for EtTu now.

Back