Fallout: London Gameplay Trailer released

Hassknecht

For hate's sake.
Staff member
Admin
Board Cop oTO
Orderite
A gameplay trailer for Fallout 4 mod Fallout: London was released. One of the more ambitious mods for Fallout 4, changing the setting to London. The one in the UK, not Ohio.
About 18 minutes of gamplay including a bri'ish "War, war never changes" narration:

The trailer shows off the character creation and some more gameplay and the new environment and assets.

Big Fallout 4 mods might be not super anticipated around here, but this one does look promising.

A gameplay trailer for Fallout 4 mod Fallout: London was released. One of the more ambitious mods for Fallout 4, changing the setting to London. The one in the UK, not Ohio.
About 18 minutes of gamplay including a bri'ish "War, war never changes" narration:

The trailer shows off the character creation and some more gameplay and the new environment and assets.

Big Fallout 4 mods might be not super anticipated around here, but this one does look promising.

I have no idea how this mod will pan out.My concern would be the lack of weaponry available. Britain does not have the amount of firearms as in comparison to USA. Police, army barracks would have guns, the general public would not. I think a FalloutGB would be good as places like my city have Tunnels. Newcastle has a metro. London would be obliterated in any nuclear conflict (hopefully lol ). Any half decent Fallout is acceptable to me. I have just paid for Fallout tactics as I like the ' Sum' mod being developed. Maybe a bit over arty, who knows but a revolutionary scenario would fit my mentality. Capitalism is a warped deceitful system that causes as much trouble as religious conflict.

I have no idea how this mod will pan out.My concern would be the lack of weaponry available. Britain does not have the amount of firearms as in comparison to USA. Police, army barracks would have guns, the general public would not. I think a FalloutGB would be good as places like my city have Tunnels. Newcastle has a metro. London would be obliterated in any nuclear conflict (hopefully lol ). Any half decent Fallout is acceptable to me. I have just paid for Fallout tactics as I like the ' Sum' mod being developed. Maybe a bit over arty, who knows but a revolutionary scenario would fit my mentality. Capitalism is a warped deceitful system that causes as much trouble as religious conflict.

My contention with the setting is that, barring anything in the lore stating otherwise (such as the European Oil Wars), it really doesn't have potential for any sociopolitical and economic commentary comparable to the USA both in- and out-of-universe. Not saying it's impossible; certainly there can be themes of authoritarian control and dependency on a pseudo-fascist aristocra to keep the proles in line, especially when it comes to the dwindling oil reserves, famine, disease, etc.

Not to mention culture and aesthetics being WILDLY different from what Fallout as a universe focuses on.

Not to mention culture and aesthetics being WILDLY different from what Fallout as a universe focuses on.
I watched a different video commented on by a guy who was obviously a supporter. He said ' cool ' about 20 times. Break a window.. cool. Hear the tube train cool and so on. The Intro (spoken ) is one big cliche. Cockney rhyming slang. Whether this pans out as a revolution against ' Westminster I don't know. I asked could the Radshrews be tamed. (joke there somewhere )

Meh, it's not the real world, it's easy enough to justify more weapons to be around. People tend to forget that.
My contention with the setting is that, barring anything in the lore stating otherwise (such as the European Oil Wars), it really doesn't have potential for any sociopolitical and economic commentary comparable to the USA both in- and out-of-universe. Not saying it's impossible; certainly there can be themes of authoritarian control and dependency on a pseudo-fascist aristocra to keep the proles in line, especially when it comes to the dwindling oil reserves, famine, disease, etc.
It's a whole new unexplored area of the lore, how much more potential could there be? The Resource Wars as a backdrop and the following dissolution of the European Commonwealth and all the years of chaos have great potential for creating any history and timeline for practically any faction you could imagine.
Dunno, I think the focus on Americana with Fallout is kinda misplaced. The games have been mainly set there, but there's nothing requiring it. I mean, the message of "War never changes" can be explored through other countries' lenses, and the "World of Tomorrow" art style has been explored in other countries, too. I just never thought Fallout was so distinctly american, especially since the original Fallout hardly refers to pre-war America at all when it comes to the places. It's kinda the point, the war was cataclysmic and the old world is hardly recognicable from the ruins, but War never changes.

The fact that i have to install Fallout 4 into my laptop means i will never touch this mod.

Meh, it's not the real world, it's easy enough to justify more weapons to be around. People tend to forget that. So you can only see an increase in weapons ? One faction dress as Knights of old and are armed with swords. Does this mean they have Merlin as a spellcaster ? I did say Army Barracks and Police would have guns but doubted the ordinary citizen would have automatic weapons, rocket launchers and flamethrowers many Americans own. Again as I said I will play this as I am not particularly pedantic about Fallout lore. My biggest bugbear with say Fallout 3 was the transition to an FPS, the VATS became arbitary in my opinion my son had it on Xbox and played it purely as a FPS.

That looks much better than I anticipated. Not bad.

I mean, there's hardly any gameplay, which, I presume will be of the same old Fallout4 sorts. Hopefully better (and phrased) dialogues, and more skill checks, though.

However, I was surprised how visually this mod feels like a different game. Both Frontier and New California mods for New Vegas looked like the original - and that's ok. But the initial setup here, the intro bit showcases different vibes, colours, aesthetics, and new or reskinned assets; I sort of dig it. And - for a foreigner like me - felt pretty British alright. Got some "We Happy Few" vibes but even better.

Additionally, I liked the story premise. I am intrigued and I want to know more.

Seems to have *potential* based on the next to nothing that was shown. I would have prefered a showcase of some landmarks or new interesting features they added. Regarding weapons variety: if Britain was involved in the resource wars its possible we could see weapons from France, Germany, Poland, Romania, Russia etc. Could be maybe some nations formed alliances like in WW2 Axis vs Allies, could be Britan was invaded at some point and those invading armies brought equipment with them that survived and was looted by the survivors of the atomic war. Also wasn't Alistair Tenpenny from Fallout 3 an immigrant from Britain? Alothough I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to have American weapon and energy manufacturers in Britan. Poseidon Energy was a global corporation.

. Not saying it's impossible; certainly there can be themes of authoritarian control and dependency on a pseudo-fascist aristocra to keep the proles in line, especially when it comes to the dwindling oil reserves, famine, disease, etc.

Jeez that is far too close to todays GB. Not quite famine as yet but the existence of ' Food Banks ' shows a bleak future for the very young. From what was shown you are spot on with F London looking like a class based struggle.

Also I understated the amount of weapons that are already in GB. Grenades and automatic weapons are not rare. Shotguns and pistols are common as are crossbows , machettes and knives. The IRA used to use mortars, Bren guns etc, etc. Mr Gadhaffi sent them shiploads.
It's not unknown where I am from when 14 years old ' Soldyas ' squabble over drug dealing patches Mac 10's , Uzis and other weapons that go popopopopopare used. Amen.

I think this is kinda what America was going through too (albeit, rationing, but seemed to be less famine (helps with this much farm-able land). Brition went through 2 nuclear wars in the Canon: the "limited exchange" with the middle east, then the Great War. Like a certain real country presently at war that had spent the prior 8 years preparing after a rough war in 2014, they would have been making preparations for another nuclear war as incentivized by their history so: bunkers, arms, remnants old guv, etc. could be plausibly more abundant there than expected in our time line.

Theme wise, while London and most America do have very distinct cultures,we also have the "special relationship" -- there's no reason popular American culture hadn't influenced British popular culture, at least in game, so a British-ized-Americana 50s vibe is viable too.

It has promise, espically because a mod team member impressed Bethesda to hire them (huh, no wonder the mods improve the game -- giant pool of folks that probably know the engine and mod tools, even with reduced functionality in the released version, than many Bethesda folks know and they can edit the source code on the fly...

Then again, several mods for NV were serious disappointments or abandoned projects that weren't finished.

I'll reserve judgment until release.

American city names be like: London, Jerusalem, Moscow, Rome, Athens, Paris, New York, New Orleans,

Nuu Yoyk used to be new Amsterdam. Noo Joysee is named after a channel Island called Jersey.
Boston is in Lincolnshire.

Indiana was where lots of indigenous people where massacred.
Whitechapel is an area in London where Jack the stripper hung loose.
Birmingham ( Not Al Obama ) is where the locals may offer you a kipper tie.

@TorontoReign Wetumpka is in the area you claim to be from. I disbelieve that of course, you are Canadian.

It's because people are lazy. York is much easier and quicker to pronounce than Amsterdam.
:drummer:

If @william dempsey is not working on this mod the world is really missing out on a true expert in British history. Maybe we can somehow get him a gig? I just want the mod to be as accurate to life in Britain as possible.

If @william dempsey is not working on this mod the world is really missing out on a true expert in British history. Maybe we can somehow get him a gig? I just want the mod to be as accurate to life in Britain as possible.

Oh :smug: Thank you ever so much. I feel deeply honoured. If I quote myself, does that seem conceited old boy, what what. Oh well here goes, me old China. " Birmingham ( Not Al Obama ) is where the locals may offer you a kipper tie. " Roughly translated , " Wood jew loiyk a coupa tie "? ( cup of tea ).
Whereas here in South Liverpool, quite near Sefton Park and the Lark Lane area. (Aigburth) lol. We would say. "gerr wanna a cuppa T lad " or more likely. " Do a spliff lad, it will give me the munchies before me scran "

It's such a vast subject ;p. That London is basically a shit hole where a working class person may utter " IVE DAN THE FAKKING KNOWLIIIDGE YOU CANT, I DANT NEED YOUR FAKKING JOB MR PATEL OR WHA EVER YOUR FAKKING NAME IS CANT.
( I have trained as a hackney cab driver, Mr person from the Indian Sub Continent, so there is no way I will do your plumbing at such a reduced rate )

A scouser may enter the same site office and say something like " Get the safe open now FUCKFACE and relieve the Indian gentleman of all the petty cash and take any Tom (jewellry ) off his slumbering body which was laid down gently after using Chloroform to knock him unconcious.

Back