Fallout: New California News Update(Project Brazil)

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
T

TorontoReign

http://www.moddb.com/mods/falloutpr...ew-california-state-of-the-mod-september-2017

More news on Fallout: New California (previously known as Project Brazil) hit Mod DB. Looks like this thing might actually reach completion. Fallout: New Vegas is sorely needing a mod like this.
Another month, another update!
September went pretty well! Most of the month has been spent more on fixing bugs and audio issues, and coding the main quest, rather than creative art issues so there will be less pretty new pictures and videos this time around.

Also because the in-game ending videos I'm making are super spoilers now, and I wouldn't want to show them, but they will likely take at least a month or more to make. So that means between now and November i will probably go a bit dark, maybe only posting a few images of non-spoiler end game assets. Since we are now developing largely at the end of the mod it gets hard to show fun images. :D

A funny conversation about how the lore evolves began on Discord and Facebook when I posted this image of a re-textured Vault Fire Extinguisher.

It turns out the original Fallout 1 and 2 Vault Fire Extinguisher was turquoise, based on a 1980s look.

Fallout 3 and New Vegas had Fire Extinguishers that are Copper, based on the 1950s vibe.

Mine is red, because I need you to be able to see it to shoot it and thus use it in combat, because red mean boom.

You may commence the parade of lore-unfriendly downvotes and accusations of "dumbing down the series"

We actually did not start this mod in 2009. :p

I know. It feels like it was forever ago to me too, but it was not that long.

We've actually been in development since 2012.

In Oct 2010 is our first little testing the waters moment, uploading some early art and level designs, but that was it. I joined Man Vs Wild in November 2010, my girlfriend broke up with me, there was a mass shooting and all kinds of crazy conspiracy theorists fucking up my life, I was working on movies and photos -- it was a mess.

So in 2012 when my life settled back down we started this mod in reality. You can see the heartbeat on the chart. We worked til May 2013 and boom, release, a few patches, and we went back underground in 2014.

2014 sucked.

2015 we roared back to life and that is where our mod begins posting once a month here on ModDB like clockwork. The dip and spike in Sep-Nov 2015 was me recording all our voice acting for Part 2. There were 41 voice actors recording 21 hours of dialogue in 13,000 voiced lines. A LOT of audio.

2016 was editing that audio. 2016 also sucked. You all remember why.

2017 is this year and we've kicked some serious ass. For me, that time went by in a blink. I don't even know where it went to be honest. I wanted to be done by May, and here we are a the start of October where I wanted to be in April. So much for that, so I'm cramming work in at the tail end of the year. I'm not even working a paying job right now, I'm just getting by on a diet of whatever is left and paying rent with savings. Due to the stress and effort time dilation is occurring and weeks feel like days. It's crazy. I feel like if time accelerates any faster I'll be 60 next week.

You can read more about our progress on the Design Documents Found Here. In the mean time, you can keep track of us on ModDB, Fallout Nexus, or Facebook. We've got a thriving online community centered around each one.

You can also throw dollars at me on Pay-Pal so I don't starve to death at my desk: Nexusmods.com

Cheers

Brandan Lee
Project Leader

I like how they compare their game map with the map of New Vegas. This mod got some impressive size

Back