Fallout Shelter On Steam Soon

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
T

TorontoReign

Fallout Shelter will finally be released on Steam today. About 10 hours from now by my count. This is not the worst thing in the world since the game is actually blissfully free from intrusive microtransactions (or at least it was when I tried it briefly months back) so I am left feeling indifferent. At the very least people can expect a derpy Let's Play from me in the near future.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/588430/

That game got way more interesting when they implemented the exploration part of it. Where we can actually somehow control a party of characters and explore ruins and stuff.

It still made me bored of it after playing it for a few days though, but it was a nice improvement over the always the same manage the vault that it was in the past.

Even though I periodically delete the game after so many weeks of building up my vault for some reason I keep wanting to download it again and keep playing. I might get it on PC just to see how it feels

I simply cannot agree to a dumbed down fallout game, designed for IOS to start, of all things.

I simply cannot agree to a dumbed down fallout game, designed for IOS to start, of all things.

Oh I get that. I would have loved a more serious Fallout Shelter, with X-Com levels of base building with the last third building a Vault City. But for what it is, I think it's a pretty nifty, if forgettable, experience. It's certainly more fun than settlement building in Shitout 4.

I don't we it as a fallout game. I see it as Sims game modded out to be like fallout. Rather than it being a shell of an exploited fallout franchise I look at it as a mediocre game series with a fallout paint job

You don't need to explain yourself. Most of the people saying this shit bought Fallout 4.

I am always seeing deals for "Vault lunchboxes" pop up on my facebook feed as ads for Fallout Shelter so I am guessing Microtransactions did make it into the game. I got bored with it on the second day, not a mobile game player in general, I can play better stuff on my 3DS.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure they did. They didn't offer a free game for nothing.

I have played the game on and off on my phone since it came out. If you don't like Fallout Shelter then the steam version won't do it for you either. I personally like it a lot since it runs a lot faster and better on my pc than on my phone plus the touch controls always bother me.

I tried Fallout Shelter on console. Pretty annoying that I have to wait three hours usually to do a quest. On a phone it'd be fine since I could just pop in whenever I want. On console however I find it's inconvenient.

I am always seeing deals for "Vault lunchboxes" pop up on my facebook feed as ads for Fallout Shelter so I am guessing Microtransactions did make it into the game. I got bored with it on the second day, not a mobile game player in general, I can play better stuff on my 3DS.
Yeah, you can buy lunchboxes in that game. How did you think that game alone made $5 million for Bethesda in less than one year since launch and being a free game?
People these days have too much money and little sense.

Well I never questioned it had micro transactions, I was just pointing out they had them.

Back