Fallout Vengeance needs modding team(geck nv)

bretski

First time out of the vault
first things first
This game will be a fan game/mod so I sadly cannot pay you but i will fully credit you so you can add to your portfolio:)
this mod will be remaking fallout in a new way because it has a new different story then new vegas,new perks,new world spaces, so basically a whole new game:)
the game/mod is still being written but ideas are very much accepted

we will be using GECK New Vegas

you must:

-be able to use geck
-communicate easily through email

things we need:

play testers
level designers

please respond if interested

I saw you on Reddit, but I didn't post there because this is NMA, where criticism is very widely accepted.

This is a bad idea.

I admire your bravery in trying to create a mod of this size but your concept is flawed. You want to create a new Fallout game from the ground up on the New Vegas GECK. This is going to be so damn hard. Fallout 3 took two years, 100 people and millions of dollars to make. You want to do the same thing with a tiny indie studio, no funding and limited resources. Do you see the problem? Try something smaller first, then when the F4 GECK comes out, learn to work with that. Give it a year or two, you'll have the time necessary to actually build a mod of this size before the next Fallout game comes out. By that point, most everyone who modded F:NV and F3 will probably have migrated to the new game and you'll have a better pool of people who want to work with you.

fallout total conversion mod needs help!:)

Hi
For those who don't know fallout: Fallout is a series of post apocalyptic RPG type games. Although the series is set during the 22nd and 23rd centuries, its setting and artwork are influenced by the post-war culture of the 1950's America. it takes place after a nuclear war.
this will be a total conversion mod
meaning a whole new story/game based of the GECK Editor for fallout New Vegas
the GECK Editor is free to download if you have fallout New Vegas on Steam or if you just have fallout New Vegas without steam download GECK online
I don't need total professionals I just need people willing to help:)I will be the quest programmer meaning I will make all the quests.

WHAT I NEED:

-Level Designers
IN THE VAULT GAMES is looking for talented, self-motivated Level Designers. This position requires a solid understanding of level design, form VS. function, scripting, management, and G.E.C.K. limitations. Candidates should also possess an okay knowledge of space, proportion, colour and design principles

-Environmental Designers
IN THE VAULT GAMES is looking for talented, self-motivated Environment Artists. This position requires a solid understanding of environments, form VS. function, management, and G.E.C.K. limitations. Candidates should also possess an good knowledge of shape, proportions, colour and design principles

-Game Designers
IN THE VAULT GAMES is looking for people who can combine technical knowledge and ability with the artistic vision and the creativity of a storyteller. Design and implement various types of game mechanics. Our ideal Game Designer candidate is a creative storyteller with the ability to enhance narrative through game play systems and interfaces.

-Assistants
Assistants need to help facilitate the various needs of the project. Float around helping out in any way you can. It may not be the most glamorous position, but it helps far more than you may think.
-Narrative Designers
Narrative Designers are responsible for outlining plot in addition to writing dialogue and in-game text. Responsible for bringing strong story ideas that can translate into interesting game experiences as well as adding context and flavour to the ideas of other team members

and even though I'm one of the quest designers I need help from some people:)

-Quest Designers
Quest Designers Implement quests in G.E.C.K., this includes crafting narrative structure, writing dialogue, and scripting gameplay
please respond if interested

Okay, maybe it's not such a good idea to write a post in the #1 most hardcore Fallout forum on the Internet and start it with "for those of you who don't know Fallout".

Second, what's your mod going to look like? Do you have a story? A timeframe? A budget? Previous experience? You sound like one of those useless teachers I had in college (I studied game development) that want to get together as many people as possible and separate them into narrowly defined worker roles before you even begin to think about what your mod or TC will look like. Why do you need so many people? Is there any reason why you can't do this yourself? Again, what is your story, what's the mod going to look like when it's finished? What is it about your idea that would make people want to help it become reality?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just saw that you have posted this exact same thread three days ago, and people didn't jump to it, so now you post again and expect different results.

Go back to Reddit, kid.

Last edited:
I have a feeling this was copied and pasted from some other website, probably Reddit. How could anyone who would post or even frequent regularly in the modding section of this site not know what the game is even about? :razz:

And well, yeah, if TS is not a game designer, may he don't expect any to come. Those who actually can do this, will be able to start their own projects bringing their own ideas to life.
I doubt there can be anyone attracted by scripting, also.

I bet TS doesn't even realize that even a moderate-quality FO total conversion usually takes from 3 to ∞ years.

/Edit: Merged the two threads.

To me it seems you have no concept at all. Making a game "as you go" won't work / you will very likely fail with it. Write a *real* concept first- not just the general story of the game, but everything that happens. Write down the background of every location, and every important character. Write down every quest in detail with everything that can happen due to attempting / resolving it, etc. If you can't get at least like 50 pages, you will most likely fail at some point.

My suggestion: Start small. Make a tiny quest mod first and after that you can try something bigger. It also helps to draw the attention of other people. Usually nobody likes to help if you can't show anything.

PS: At this point, play testers is the least you need. :>

Last edited:
Back