Favorite/Least Favorite Builds?

Sn1p3r187

Carolinian Shaolin Monk
Self Explanatory.

Personally I find Stealth/Sniper and Gunslinger builds to be my personal favorites. Being in a way New Vegas is a western I enjoy the hell outta western films as a whole and I find specializing at range and not getting hit by bullets works better than trying to tank it. And! Stealth is very useful for crit heavy builds. Not even joking with how much they got me out the bunch. Main issue is spending money on ammo and the odd time when I have an engagement at close range but that's easily amended with Blood Nap or Chance's knife or even the .22 pistol

Least favorite for me is the melee builds. I'm sorry, while I enjoy the aspect of hack and slash. There's always a grim reminder and something to be noted in reality. Most of the enemies in game use Guns or Energy weapons. You as a grown man or woman are charging at them max speed with a blade trying to cut them down. It's too extensive to put points in First Aid and regularly tanking damage especially if your enemy might have a good habit of hitting you with crits with their weapon. It's easily the most hair pulling build to work with, but damn can it be fun just watching fools fly like an eagle from super slam. I mainly did it to do something different but I can see melee vs guns be best explained in a youtube video meme parodying Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Last edited:
My favorite build is any melee/unarmed build, with guns/energy weapons as secondary weapons. I run a mix of those skills as part of a broader "tribal genius" archetype. I put points into unarmed and melee skills for the perks. Ranged stuff? Sometimes I go with energy weapons, sometimes guns. I like to switch things up to keep it interesting. Yes, most enemies in the game do use guns or energy weapons. But that's what Turbo/Implant GRX is for.

Back